Status update on Digitakt OS

That isn’t the point. This isn’t an MPC from the 90s. This is a drum machine in 2017 which was advertised with the ability to track in your DAW by the end of the year. And the fact that elektron didn’t hold up their end of the bargain by the timeline they sold their machine on, isn’t half as frustrating as people who say, be patient, you can just spend a bunch of time tracking it into your DAW using mutes, this isn’t elektrons fault.

An eight voice drum computer that can’t track individual outputs is pretty crippling for me.

There are options on the market with multiple outputs. You probably should have went with one of those if lack of individual audio outs is really crippling for you.

And I’m sure there are samplers out there that can save your samples.

There are. But I know what I bought and am happy with my decision.
Doesn’t seem like you are.

1 Like

Are you responding to me?

I’m about as happy with it as you are I think. You would like overbridge to save your samples, I would like it to track in my DAW. What frustrates me is that you’re saying, you should return it, you knew there were no individual outs, so you shouldn’t be unhappy about missing overbridge, at same time as you’re saying that you can’t save your samples, you wish there was overbridge. Go figure.

Talk about drum machines from the 90s if you think this situation is bad imagine you bought the mpc 1000 with no Jj os lol or the mc909 lulz no forums back then to cry on just take the thing back and get on with it.

1 Like

I actually never said I want overbridge. You shouldn’t add meaning or tone to text. Edit: What I’m saying is if individual outs were absolutely necessary you shouldn’t have bought the box based on something promised in the future.
I Knew I couldn’t back up samples when I bought it so i approach the box as such.

Edit: The transfer app should be able to back up samples. That’s really what I wish for. The app was available when the box came out and to hold out this for overbridge is dumb.

Cool

Imagine people didn’t buy that.

Kids these days. You won’t know disappointment until you bought an MC-303 the first day it landed in the stores with the money you saved up as a paperboy… :wink:

12 Likes

I leant a mate 3£ once and he said he’d give it back.
That was in 1986.
Not got it yet… He moved away in 1988.
Who’s the mug?

EDIT
Mark you owe me 3£ and I’ll let you off the inflation you bag of shite!

PS your paltry 3£ wouldn’t make a dent in the cost of my DT that has been more of a mate looking back.
Up yours…

Yer like I said take it back or sell it on this forum many have already done so some even stating they’d be willing to buy again if and or etc

I don’t get why I have to sell it because I’m discussing missing functionality in a thread about the functionality of the machine I bought? Is this the elektronauts-ahundreandtenpercenthappyboysorsellit-forum?

2 Likes

Sounds worse than this for sure :slight_smile:

just Put it away then until the functionality is there. I was just pointing out the people saying sell it or just hang tight have 9 times out of 10 already been in your situation or worse.

How about I use it the way I want to use it, and still have an opinion about the stuff that’s missing that was advertised?

4 Likes

Oh well. First world problems eh fella.

2 Likes

Yes, well I forgot this was a forum about irrigation in Africa.

That said, I agree, this doesn’t really matter, and I’ll calm down now. When i get going the emergency brake always seems just out of reach.

2 Likes