Standalone Audio Interface + Octatrack

SSL six mix matches all these requirements but it does not have a build in sound card.

Digitakt or Digitone both have stereo inputs (or 4 mono inputs)
plus there own audio From 2 USB cords if you use overbridge.
It is saving headache with buying huge mixers etc
if you are willing to still use a computer and you plan on getting more Elektron gear overbridge is brilliant

I know it’s not what your asking,

but I have everything plugged in through overbridge,
And basically Don’t even need a soundcard

Maybe take a look at the Sound Devices Mixpre 6m. It’s got 6 inputs total. 4 of them are combo jacks with high quality preamps, and there is also a stereo line input. It is small, portable, and battery powered. It looks like it can be used as an audio interface for a computer as well. And there is a new mkii version just released that can record 32 bit float. I have also been interested in a standalone interface, and this one has caught my eye. Would double as a high quality field recorder (would need a mic of course). And if you need more inputs, they also offer a mixpre 10, and for less inputs, there is a smaller mixpre 3.

1 Like

I feel like your limiting factor here (if considering a mixer vs interface) is that you also want to be able to multitrack to your DAW. The number of mixers that do this are quite limited, so maybe your choice will be easier.

Yeah but with overbridge you will miss the effects right?

Yes good spot , this is amazing

1 Like

MOTU UltraLite Mk3/Mk4 has two mic/instrument inputs, six line-level analog inputs, ten channels of analog output, stereo S/PDIF and a stereo headphone output (10 separate inputs and 14 separate outputs).
Also you can apply hardware DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs, and busses independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb with lengths up to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with 7-band parametric EQ featuring filter types carefully modeled after British analog console EQs. Choose between two forms of compression: a conventional compressor and the Leveler, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A optical compressor that provides vintage, musical automatic gain control.
MIDI I/O
Works as standalone
USB/Firewire
CieMix can be controlled via iPad app

1 Like

When you say it works standalone you mean you can mix 6 inputs and control their volume and the master output volume?

Yes

That’s good

I did not think it was working this way.

If so than ultra lite is cool- even mk4?

I read the new motu’s needed a web app to work standalone

Mk4 has got even better routing software and better converters.
Cheaper also
Go figure :wink:
At the moment using mine with 4 Volcas and DT
Routed through the 4 main Analog outputs
DT routed to main output
I am still left with 2 ins (mic/inst) and headphones out that are also a separate output
8 mix buses allow me total control over the routing
I have different setups that I can recall from the hardware when used in standalone

Not sure about Mk4.
I think the routing software goes through browser…not sure though

When my Mk3 dies on me I will gladly buy the same one.
Stability top notch under MacOS.

It is USB right?

So you use it standalone quite often?

USB or FireWire :slight_smile: as you wish
I use it a lot DAWless/standalone

I need to pick one second hand- FireWire is dead though so I would use it usb

The future of audio will be Ethernet anyway

FireWire you can chain them :wink:

I use sound devices mixpre 10m. Don’t know if it’s what your after but it’s a good stand alone solution.

The effects are sends you still get them but they are on a different channel.
Except the Octatrack.
And it’s the same if you use individual outs