Stand-alone nanoloop hardware!

Includes nanoloop

8 Likes

Looks tempting!

Incredible, and it looks to be a version of nanoloop developed specifically for this system. Day one purchase, I already own the other Analogue consoles and love them.

:hushed:

Really good news. I’m hooked on NL2 after buying it a few weeks ago but all of the GBA hardware is a bit crap in various small and infuriating ways. Having a nice backlit screen and a proper audio out will be perfect.

2 Likes

How different is it to the iOS version ?

Looks like Analogue has some pretty cool remakes of old school game systems. Even had a Ghostly International Edition Super NT at one point, but sold out. Legit.

Pretty different. The nanoloop app lets you pick from noise, samples, PWM and FM over eight channels, whereas NL2 has three channels that are mostly primitive wavetable emulations of FM and PWM plus a noise gen – check out Ess’s description upthread. I like the app fine, but NL2 is much faster to work with thanks to the gamepad controls and has a more distinctive character. I don’t think I’ve ever finished a track on the app, whereas I made 2 or 3 tracks on NL2 within a day of getting it.

2 Likes

Yeah but is nanoloop stuck in demo mode ? The way nanoloop works is that the cartridge needs the GBA hardware…

Lol yeah GBA sounds like shit after you use one for 6+ years and you start to want to make any improvements you can… some people don’t care tho they love that GBA buzzzzzzzzhuuuuummmmmmmm

Yeah I checked my email after reading here and hands instantly started hurting lmao :joy: I’ll still use it tho ahaha :wink: do you think the GB micro button layout is wider that the current nano device revision?

I have a ‘Game Boy Macro’ (DS lite with the top screen removed) I got from a local game market that sounds great and would be really close to perfect if it had a link port and the NL2 cart didn’t stick out the bottom by a good inch and a half. Can’t win em all!

Starting to really gel with NL2 now, four tracks makes it kind of like a cut down Digitone with some freakier sequencing options: https://clyp.it/hdub4sjd

The note delay/repeat is so good for crispy little rolls. Will definitely pick up the hardware version if the sound engine is anywhere close to it.

4 Likes

Hey @estragon how’s the A4

It’s good! Already have a bunch of tracks like this in the can that are just A4 running through a compressor. Very happy customer.

1 Like

Nice! And the “1sie” too :face_with_monocle:

Great track! I should get back on to NL2… it’s been too long.

1 Like

As a long time nanoloop user I can garunteee the nanoloop device will be prime just like nano 2 for GBA.

Come back to the dark side !!! Join the nanoloop resistance !

Hope we hear some news soon on the development of the Nanoloop hardware. I’m sure Oliver is doing a great job with it! Should be getting close.