Squarepusher love fest

putting “low-effort 90’s revival stuff” and “squarepusher” in the same sentence should be a crime lmao

6 Likes

Realised yesterday that Ceephax is Squarepushers little brother. Dont know why but it made me relaxed. Some weird kind of closure.

6 Likes

haha i do agree

Thanks for posting, that was delightful !

1 Like

I’m a bit up and down with Squarepusher… love some of his stuff, other bits of it leave me cold. But rather that than it always sounding the same like so many artists this far into their career. I’m really digging the new track and I agree with the 90s vibe others mentioned. The first minute almost sound like the Scottish scene from the early 90s like QFX, Ultra-sonic, TFF etc… I know it’s entirely unrelated but seem weirdly coincidental given the recent news about Mallorca Lee.

Anyway, will definitely be looking forward to the album when it arrives… Be A Up Hello had some tasty tracks.

2 Likes

“Oh I’m feelin’ fine…”

5 Likes

The stuff I’ve heard from the latest release is really nasty, in a good way. Loving it. Pre-ordered the LP in pink.

4 Likes

“Theme from Ernest Borgnine”… people, if you want to hear the best 303 wig-out set to a drum’n bass backdrop EVER recorded, then this is the track for you. You’ll have to wait for the last couple of minutes though, but boy is it worth it!

Hashtagbloodylovesquarepusher :nerd_face:

5 Likes

I listened to this album until my minidisc stopped working.

2 Likes

He is the GOAT.

8 Likes

The Holy Trinity for me during the 90s was Aphex, Squarepusher, and Vibert. This included all of their side projects as well.
Amon Tobin and u-Ziq also made some memorable appearances.

11 Likes

Squarepusher is the Daddy.

4 Likes

then there’s his remixing skills

2 Likes

Sqaurepusher the prog rock god.

6 Likes

Squarepusher is a god-tier live act. I’ve had the good fortune to see him multiple on multiple tours, including stops for Ultravisitor, Ufabulum, Damogen Furies, and Shobaleader.

Every show was stunning, but the Ultravisitor and Shobaleader gigs stood out for the mind blowing displays of live musicianship. Squarepusher is a bass god.

3 Likes

I had tickets to see him in early 2020 and show the got cancelled. I was out of town for the makeup show. :expressionless:

1 Like

“Hasty Boom Alert” is u-Ziq’s best track. Change my mind :metal:

5 Likes

Ok ok I know it’s a bit of a brag…

However, what I learned at this Shobaleader One show in LA was that Jenkinson’s electric bass, for the whole tour, was going through… ANALOG DRIVE! Elektron’s obscure and forgotten experiment in pedals!! He said he loved it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

i have most of his 90’s albums and early 2000’s on vinyl. a couple on CD. bought them brand new which was a rare find here in the states. i used to buy them from a shop and the guy behind the counter once said “how do you know about squarepusher, luke vibert, autechre stuff” and i told him i had read about them in future music mag and he said “i order 2, one for me and one to put out on the floor and you always buy them”. they are worth a decent amount these days. “go plastic” is my personal favorite. his albums really made me rethink production technique.

also, you have to keep in mind in the 90’s these edits were so ahead of the game. so next level for the time.

14 Likes

also,
303, sh101, bass guitar and eventide oroville and there was a toy keyboard, maybe sk1??

only the real squarepusher fans know this remix.

4 Likes