Squarepusher love fest

Wot?

I think you would really enjoy his stuff. Time for a rabbit hole methinks :slight_smile:

Not to derail but, a small sample to check out:

And something a bit more melodic:

6 Likes

aaaandā€¦

:partying_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations! Most of the time, when an artist went past me, it was either (most likely) because of the melodic content I donā€™t vibe with or because of genre elements I donā€™t like ā€¦

1 Like

14 year old me would have loved this.

Despite the very have 90s covers on this, i would see it fitting some dystopian futuristic flm scenes like a glove.

everyoneā€™s gone back over 20 years, but donā€™t forget these two recent ones. hard hard hard!

8 Likes

yea man vortrack is incredible. itā€™s added to my tinnitus in recent times. canā€™t help but blast it on me headphones. thereā€™s some gems scattered amongst his newer releases.

3 Likes

when i saw him live last few times his 303 PA sound is just so brutally aggresive.

4 Likes

The first 30 seconds sounds like a Jeanne noise track

4 Likes

can this just be a squarepusher love fest? one of my favorite artists. and a lot of my favorite artistsā€™ favorite artist. very excited for the new album :weary:

9 Likes

he put some download links up on instagram story a couple nights ago alongside some of these type of visuals, i cant find it now but it was some sine-like sweeps, maybe some idea of what was driving the oscilloscope

1 Like

I wasnt aware of him, sounds like fm breakbeat combo, lots of intresting rythms, thanks for the headsup.

My all time favorite of his.

Pretty sure the gear was basically:
AKAI S950 (samples)
Boss DR-660 (more drums and all sequencing)
Fostex R-8 1/4" 8-track
Soundcraft Mixer

14 Likes

Also used an SH-101 IIRC.

1 Like

Thoroughly sick of the low effort 90s revival stuff but this is classy as hell!

Awesome producer. A standout amongst so much beige when he came on the scene.

Really shines lives when heā€™s playing live bass. Seen him few times and thought he was excellent. Oozes funk fused with glitched machine noise. Great

1 Like

Love his less abrasive work also

6 Likes

38 posts into a Squarepusher love fest, and no Journey to Reedham?

He ainā€™t fucking about on that new track.

12 Likes

It is now!

8 Likes

was my first squarepusher record :heart:

7 Likes