[Sound Pack Analog Four MKII ] (MKI and Keys compatible)

Yes of course. And it actually means hand in Swiss-German dialect :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am German, but that is new even to me. But I’m not Swiss either, so … :wink:

2 Likes

I think I’ll never give it away or sold the box. I’ve also sold or exchanged a lot gear but this thing will only framed if I really shouldn’t use it anymore for some reason :wink:

1 Like

I know dude, can be very hard to choose. I used work for a designer company and i really know this business. I feel you! :face_with_thermometer:

2 Likes

Cool, designer company he?! So, then why don’t you design a cover for me??? :wink: :innocent: Joking, it’s ok, almost done after a week sitting here with photoshop. What really bugs me is when you try to search for inspiration and get a ton of information back and feel just frustrating after looking at all these cool ideas…

3 Likes

Uuh, I know that feeling too. I was just looking for a cool desk with build in racks and one month later I find myself copying a complete designer home recording studio from a music magazine! In short, searching for inspirations and ideas can be a trap!

3 Likes

I think that’s what most people do?! Me too, so… I started very chaotic. Very cheap wooden desk, books under the monitor to eye level and bricks to bring up the speakers to ear level. At some point it didn’t inspire me to work this way or I was just too influenced by other youtubers who presented their products and have a perfectly furnished room with all sorts of nonsense that you don’t really need. Sure, my room looks better now, but is that really my style? Perhaps a little here and there, but 90% are copied.

3 Likes

We’re all in a state of sensory overload my friends! @Dimme @Sandfuss :wink:

3 Likes

you might be right about that!

2 Likes

I don’t have my A4MK2 yet (arrives tomorrow), but was so inspired by your demos, I bought your everything pack just so I’d have something cool to add to my workflow once I get the A4. Thanks for all the hard work you spent on such great sounds and songs.

4 Likes

Thank you so much @michaeljk1963 I really appreciate your kind words! It really means a lot to me when someone appreciates my work so much. That brightened my mood, given the situation. I hope your A4MKII arrived safely. It’s funny, I sold mine yesterday! I think I’m done with the analog series for now. I am now concentrating on the Digitone, Digitakt and samples. I wish you a lot of fun with the sound packs and if you have recorded something, you can also post it here, I would be happy to hear something from you. Thanks, Jan

2 Likes

In some earlier posts, I think you mentioned that you were focused more on the digitone lately. I can also see from the kind of business that you do, it would make more sense to focus on samples, rather than presets, in terms of sales. I am curious, though, if you decided to sell your analog gear because you were no longer interested in using them due to some difficulty or other criticism. I had started another thread here in this forum on what other gear I should be looking at in addition to the A4 once I get used to it. I am not interested in a digitone Due to its FM synthesis engine. Some others on this forum, have suggested that the next purchase should probably be an analog Rytm To go with my A4. However, I already have an MPC one and have decided for now to see if I can integrate the MPC one, and use that as both my drum machine and samples processor To go along with the A4, which would mean that I don’t necessarily right now need any other Elektron stuff.

3 Likes

FYI, I have been inadvertently posting with two different accounts between my iPhone and my MacBook. I have cleared up the inconsistency and hopefully will be using the same account now.

2 Likes

I actually decided to sell my Analog Four MKII for financial reasons. Otherwise, I would have really liked to keep this piece of jewelry. But I thought I made enough patches for it and yesterday I decided with a tear in my eye to give it away and consoled myself with the thought that I have worked with it for a very long time. And of course because I still have Digitone and it’s actually a little more fun for me because of the form factor and the wide range of sound design options.

I will stay with patches for synths, especially for software synths such as Ableton’s wavetable synth. I think that’s really good too and really like this one. But samples are also a welcome change after 7 years of synth patching!

I always try out new hardware, but in the end learning new gear just stops me from making music. Constantly learning new devices makes me a good technical advisor but less of a good musician. Ok, it also had something good to test and learn so much about… Now I have my workflow and know that I don’t need that much! Maybe this wise saying will help you with your choice :joy:

3 Likes

Hopefully my messages will reach you :wink:

1 Like

Yes I have received your messages. I was logged into both accounts.

1 Like

Cool, ok. Let me know if make some A4 records, post it here if you like, would be awesome to hear something!

Thanks. I will definitely consider it, although I share very little of my music. So far, anything I have created on the A4 sounds like near-random chaos, which is fine, because I am just learning, and having a blast with it. I don’t even save most of what I write. I really enjoy the process of creating sounds more than the compositions as a final product. I leave that to those with whom I can feel satisfied and noncritical, those that have the patience, fortitude and confidence (rightly placed) that there compositions are worth the effort of completion, mastering, and publication (e.g. Orbital, Spunkshine, etc.).

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be music, I’m also enthusiastic about sound design ideas! But I can fully understand it if you don’t want to share it. Hey, the best things come out of the chaos, I’m sure you have probably already made a few cool sounds. Sound design can take so much effort and time that afterwards I have no more strength to make compositions out of the patches. Sometimes I wish I would do more music than creating sounds but like you said… The process is more fun in the end than what comes after it.

1 Like

Thanks for the validation! Here is something from my SoundCloud page. An experiment I did awhile back. I think it’s a combination of Kontakt, Kronos, and Reason assembled in Logic. I haven’t saved much for the past year or two since my music studio has become my office and spending time there feels like work.

2 Likes