[Sound Pack Analog Four MKII ] (MKI and Keys compatible)

NICE!!! i’m really looking forward to this pack. i’m currently trying to recreate some of your A4 patches on the Digitone as it’s become my main synth more and more. Only thing i’m really disappointed is that 2 voice per track thing… why not 8 tracks instead of 4? Or at least they should make a shift function on each track. Track 1 page 1 and page 2, track 2 page 1 and page 2 aso, you know…

3 Likes

Mmhh, this would be actually very cool! Good idea, maybe you put it on the wish list? And a “print to clip” function like on the novation launchpad pro mk3 :slight_smile: although this is probably not possible because of the complex sequencer?

2 Likes

I really dig this feature on the launchpad. Would be cool to see this in action on the elektron devices as well. But that would require that overbridge would have to represent the step sequencer virtually? But your goal would be to edit the notes from the step sequencer on pc/mac in ableton? Right, that would be cool. Sometimes it can get fiddly to set the length of notes.

2 Likes

Yes, it probably doesn’t make that much sense to build something like this just for note lengths. Your idea was way better! The coolest thing for me would be to have the Digitone as a virtual vst plugin to have as many tracks as I want at the same time. But still controllable via the hardware digitone. Does it make sense?

2 Likes

Makes totally sense for me! So you mean the DN as a software synth and be able to load it as many times as you want like any other software synth like serum for example? But still controllable by the hardware Digitone? This would be awesome! This way you could program your sounds by hand with hardware and transfer patches to software and use as many tracks as you want or need. Could be one next big project for elektron if you ask me! Hardware controlled software Synth/Sampler with step sequencer, standalone possibilities and… yeah, I leave it up to elektron :wink:

2 Likes

Exactly! It would be sooo cool to have just the Digitone as a software vst plugin controlled by hardware. Imagine… Your favorite patches made with your hands on Digitone, then transfer to the vst plugin instrument and load it track after track, different patches, seqence and boom, Song. :exploding_head: It’s just, I’m stuck when trying to build a song out of Digi’s. Not even Overbridge works for me :frowning: I am now back to basics. Plugged the Digitakt and Digitone into two stereo inputs of my motu audio interface, classic way. No more overbridge. Somehow it interrupted my workflow.

3 Likes

Yes please and for all other elektron’s too :slight_smile:

I don’t use it often either. Actually only when I’m too lazy to open my daw to record a few snippets. Well… the sound quality via usb is not exactly great either. I also prefer to record such great sounding synths directly through my audio interface :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I noticed that as well. Especially when mastering, when I want to push the file, I don’t get any clear results. Well and I still have glitches every now and then, even on a really fast pc.

4 Likes

Same here. Really annoying :unamused: but maybe an update will fix the glitches… Mind if i ask what specs your PC has? I have an intel 7700k running at 4,7ghz, 32gigs of ram and a nvidia gtx 1060 graphics card.

2 Likes

My PC is a little older but still very fast. Intel 6700k running at stock, turbo boost is 4,5 ghz I think? 16gb ram, 980ti, all watercooled :slight_smile:

2 Likes

More than enough to run any software without having glitches, except prime95 :smiley:

2 Likes

:smiley: but what is prime95?
edit: Ah ok I see, stress test :hot_face:

2 Likes

These are stunning! All only Digitone???

2 Likes

Thanks! Yes, I will continue this playlist and put only demos in it using sounds from upcoming sound packs for DN :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome dude, sounds so pro!

1 Like

Glad you like it, thanks for your kind words!

1 Like

To a t! Running this a few times when I got my new pc to see if it’s fast enough and how temps climb.

1 Like

For this i used furmark or a 3dmark😉 I live in the attic of a eight family tenement and every summer it gets so hot here i decided to watercool almost all components of my pc. Hottest temps now are 50° for my 980ti and also 50° for cpu.

1 Like

:smiley:

Me too but didn’t upgrade my pc yet. Max temps are 68° for gpu and around 80° for cpu. I think it’s ok… But love how watercooled PC’s look! But way to expensive for me at the moment :grimacing: Hey, another thing. Do you also make patches on request? Let’s say I asked you to make a set of about 16 patches, would you have the time for it? Would love to have a small drum kit for Digitone (909 oriented or if it’s possible a one-to-one emulation?).

1 Like

I think one-to-one could be a bit of a challenge! Today I tried to patch some 909 drums, snares and hihats, just to see if I could do something like that. Sent you a couple of demos in a PM, let’s continue writing there.

3 Likes