Sonicware SmplTrek

Yeah it looks a lot like a Yamaha QY70 and Elektron Digitakt lovechild. The corny kickstarter video isn’t selling me on this though. I’d like to actually see a product demonstration instead.

2 Likes

The video was probably not as bad as some Arturia videos, and I definitely didn’t personally like it, but it feels very much marketed towards people wanting to stream there music.

I definitely would prefer a product demonstration and think that much of the power of the machine could be in its effects, so we definitely need to hear them.

2 Likes

Ive backed it. I think it looks great for the money. 180 minute sample time and sample from usb is a great start. Sample slicing and 10 tracks available for drum, instrument, loops, midi etc. Battery powered also. Ticks a lot of boxes for me

2 Likes

no information about modulation options, lfo and so on…maybe it´s “just” a loop&play-station

The specs are great and if I didn’t have an Mpc Live ii, a Force and an SP-404 on its way I would back it, great early bird price!

1 Like

I was thinking of getting the sp404 when they get back in stock but will give this a go. If I don’t like it then I’ll go back to trying the new sp404

1 Like

Fair bit of bang for your buck with this box, esp. earlybird, just might back it. Wondering if you can you stream and apply effects to the inputs straight to the usb, like a little 2 track mixer with looping capabilities? basically I need a loopop deep dive !stat!

It’s so close to April 1st. Hope this isn’t a marketing prank to do research :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I think it looks terrific but I’m skint. Will hopefully pick up an official release unit at some stage in the future.

1 Like

Auto-slicing on a device with 15 pads is a bold design move.

1 Like

Looks like a compressed Roland MV-1 with more sample memory. And can we stop using AA batteries in those devices (especially if it is to have 3h autonomy time)?

Because they need $40k to build it. Probably the OS is not finished yet.
The prototype looks pretty polished though.

I’m honestly sold. I backed it instantly. And I got a confirmation on Instagram from the man himself. IT WILL PLAY POLYPHONIC CHORDS… so… game over for me. No more searching for the perfect groovebox.

I got the M8 tracker and all it was missing was some pads because I like banging notes & beats on pads. This looks like the perfect companion to my M8. Using the M8 as a synth engine combined with this… :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Do you mean that the tracks are polyphonic?

1 Like

I asked if it plays chords, and the reply was ‘yes’. I’m assuming they will be. Looks like it in the Kickstarter video (they show a piano roll).

1 Like

My first thought was QY70 + Dr-5 + Digitakt!

3 Likes

Same. Sigh

Wait does I
This thing loop? I see loop tracks and it sure looked like the dude in the video just looped his voice and did some
Other stuff on top with the sequencer running???

1 Like

It looks cool, and I do want something portable, but the lack of adequate explanation of how it actually works makes me wary. Plus I shouldn’t be spending money right now :joy:

1 Like

at 1:17… what the hell is he running up those stairs for?!?

1 Like

Definitely seems like they are aiming for something between an SP404 and a loop arranger to me. The kickstarter page is saying you can run 30 fx at the same time (insert, master, or on the inputs) and that you can automate parameters via the sequencer. My spider sense is tingling a bit though, doubt this will live up to what people want.

2 Likes