Sonicware SmplTrek

coming tomorrow. via facebook:

there are some videoscnippets over there at facebook…can´t link em properly…

4 Likes

Could you maybe screen record the video? I don’t have Facebook :wink:

1 Like

And a google search reveals:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sonicware+"SmplTrek"

(1 answer, this thread, I think that counts as a googlewhack doesn’t it ?)

4 Likes

1 Like

“Direct Sampling from Your Phone Digitally via USB!”

and internal mic

2 Likes

following

Any more info?

1 Like

The box renders were on matrixsynth.con a few days ago along with their other box( with a keyboard )

a little more here, including image of a tuner.

2 Likes

The way they price their products, this could be a good competitor in the market. Assuming they get the basics right.
But it also says something about multitracking…might be a innovative little machine.

2 Likes

That screen looks familiar….

4 Likes

I predict it’s for 8 stereo sample tracks( loops , 1 shots , instrument , drum etc ) and 2 x midi based on that image.
And uses scenes to do equivalent of patterns swapping or as a way to make a song.

They seem to make interesting devices that are well priced but I haven’t tried any yet.

2 Likes

Is SmplTrek a nod to the old Zoom Sampletrak?

Either way, I’m super interested in seeing what y’all do with a sampler.

2 Likes

Looking forward to this one.

The scene’s and track types remind me of the MC-707/101 structure, the screen looks like the Digitakt, the shape and depth of the device look similar to the 404, but a little more squared, and the way they hold it and play it in one clip almost looks like the M8. So it’s obviously a handheld Octatrack competitor.

1 Like

Feels to me like a 404 competitor… with how the 404 is on back order hell some SP heads might jump ship and snag one of these…
Sample length is probably key here

From FB posts;

“SmplTrek has 10 assignable tracks:
Up to 4 tracks for the Instrument Track and the Drum Track using internal sound modules. The other tracks can be freely assigned as you like!
And…

• 3 additional audio tracks for longer recordings!”

And it also has 15 velocity sensitive pads

5 Likes

whatever this turns out to be, I hope it uses stereo samples… c’mon people, it’s 2022

5 Likes

Yes, please.

This looks great so far

gah why promote it on facebook only :frowning:
this is for a kickstarter launch right?