Sonicware SmplTrek

Advanced tap tempo function based on your heartbeat and boy we all want to get it to 200bpm.

1 Like

I backed this as I’ve been looking for a low cost portable sampler/sequencer that I can take with me on field recording trips.

That’s how I interpreted it too, at first.
But it leaves wiggle room in the wording.

I’m thinking that it might mean that you can use any one effect simultaneously as insert, master, etc…

Either way, this thing is looking ultra quirky and I love quirky samplers… happily backed.

2 Likes

Oh I missed the part with live fx. Dope

Hmm yeah you are probably right, I would be wondering a bit about the quality of the fx if you could run 30 at a time.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure everything they’ve done has been kickstarted lol

Not correct, only one of their other products was Kickstarted, the Liven 8bitWarps. The ELZ_1, the Liven XFM, and the Liven Bass & Beats were not Kickstarted. You could have typed in “Sonicware” in the Kickstarter search bar to verify what you were saying.

1 Like

I remember the Liven kickstarter came with the ELZ-1, must have gotten confused I thought that kickstarter was for both.

They’ve got my attention, but I see that tiny screen in context of device and it’s giving me light boy flashbacks. Baby better have sick transient detection and zoom.

agree, the video makes it feel like it’s the Sony ZV-1 of samplers…
I’d sit for a video breakdown by somebody like Jeremy Blake to find out what it’s really made of.

1 Like

My life and everything I believe in is a lie…

2 Likes

Must resist…

alas I am weak.

Backed :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Looking forward to hearing what you do on it

1 Like

I don’t need any more samplers but at $300 it’s really hard not to kickstart this thing lol.

3 Likes

That’s where I’m at on this one too…

Looking forward to seeing what comes out of it especially since they’ve blown through the initial threshold for funding!

I wish they would take the extra money and redo the design, on paper the specs look intriguing for sure but I wish this looked more something like the M8 with pads that were more like the polyend tracker… these Zoom style buttons and pads don’t look good at all to me.

2 Likes

100% agree…by improving their design, they could make themselves a lot more $.

1 Like

when did this campaign start, I can’t find the start date on the main page?

yesterday

This thing looks really cool.
It still has that sorta cheap look that most of their instruments have but it’s also not very expensive.
It looks like their version of a 404 meets Digitakt.

I think the squishy rubber buttons are a smart choice, they keep the cost down and generally last a lot longer than most clicky buttons.
Something like a SP404 or a Launchpad can take a lot of beatings.

I would back this if I wasn’t broke.
Which is a good thing cause the GAS would never stop.

thanks