"Song mode" Digitakt

Maybe it’s just me, but one of the most enjoyable aspects of the DT is live arranging without a songmode. Lots of control available to build, switch and advance through prepared patterns and tweak/mute/swap.

Song mode is low on my list for a box designed for immediacy, freedom and improv.

Totally just my way of working at the moment … and I can fall back to OT, QY100/700 for master arranging.

I’d prefer to see enhancements to filters, sample edit and timestretch …

2 Likes

the link is broken? is not working for me, it tries to redirect somewhere else and not opening.

When I opened it yesterday on my phone, it was riddled with scam pop ups and fake alerts.

I’m not saying the developer is in any way to blame, but I wouldn’t install software from what appears to be a compromised site.

probably @fenixsong got his pass snitched by some other party. He’s a nice fellow who usually hangs around here though.

1 Like

It’s a very odd behavior that happens on phones especially if not using https://
or links on the site. I’m not sure how it is happening. Try

and just hit the link to Digipad for now. Sorry, will try to fix it somehow.
I think I fixed the link problem too (for now…will have to do a deeper clean next)

1 Like

Digitakt Song Mode: How To Video:

6 Likes

Hey, thank you for sharing it! I was about to make a new thread but that’s a perfect place. :slight_smile:

Just as a quick intro this is a tutorial explaining how to use the MIDI loopback to create a Song Mode on the Digitakt. Nothing groundbreaking I’m afraid but I still see questions popping up from time to time so I thought I would do a little video about it! It’s a follow-up to my extensive MIDI loopback tutorial I made a while ago, you can find it here :

Hope this helps!<3

3 Likes

Internally connecting the midi out to midi in would require what, one jumper wire? There’s ample space to add an external switch to activate it. Quite a tempting mod…

4 Likes

Aha, tempting indeed! Maybe I’ll look into something like this once the warranty runs out, in the mean time I got myself a 10cm black MIDI cable to keep things tidy

@Elektron Maybe you could help Out Here with information before someone bricks his Digitakt?

Why create a permanent hardware mod when midi loopback is unstable on a firmware level?

1 Like

15 posts were split to a new topic: Off-topic discussion and conspiracy theories

i have a lot of success using the monomachine to trigger digitakt patterns with program changes, though i wish there was some way to get the digitakt to respond to monomachine offsets via mm’s song mode. the best i’ve come up with is to make copies of patterns i want of different lengths/offsets.

anyhoo, i think it’s gonna be 2011 for me all over again with getting an octatrack to satisfy my needs, but for song mode instead of sampling.

No, Thank you Aldo!

Does this work the same for DN?

If so I guess you could do DT Midi Thru > DN Midi In to have them both change to corresponding patterns.

For anything.

Yup or vice versa.

5 Likes

Ya, sick!

the only thing that’s really missing from that is the 8 tracks of midi, but i wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up adding that eventually.

3 Likes