"Song mode" Digitakt

For some reason for the last few days every time someone posts on this topic it shows up as a reply to me… I haven’t posted on this thread in over a year and no one is actually replying to me.
???:thinking:??? :smiley:

4 Likes

same. ???

maybe you’re watching the thread?

look in the lower left and see if you’re watching this thread.

3 Likes

Ahh, your right!
I never use that feature, maybe I hit it by accident…

2 Likes

Same thing happening to me

2 Likes

Moderators can transform threads into private messages between all who are involved in the thread.
This was accidentally done by me some days ago while I was attempting to move a flagged post out of the thread. The touch screen on my iPad betrayed me.

It was undone, but the result is probably what we’re all experiencing now, being subscribed to “watching” the thread.

This can be changed by switching from “watching” to “tracking”.

Now, carry on… :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Do you think this will ever happen in a future update? I really like the song mode on the Octatrack, I wonder what are the limitations currently on the black boxes that they don’t/ can’t have this feature.

I guess they are meant to play your song yourself. Hands on boxes they are. I sequence my digitone with the octatrack to overcome this limitation. I think there will be no songmode on dt or dn.

4 Likes

I’ve learned to just create a series of patterns and chain them. Kind of fun actually. Or just use OB.

Hopefully an update will add the ability to save pattern chains. That would be a song mode in a sense. That would be great!

3 Likes

yeah man so much fun when chaining them and the next day they are gone…

2 Likes

Are the patterns saved? Like all you have to do is chain the patterns together again?

I’m planning on getting a Digitone… if all I have to do is chain patterns together again to make a song & it’s as easy as… just chaining them together (doesn’t take 30 minutes to do), I consider that a song aka song mode, so I would be happy :yum:

I see A LOT of complaints about the Digitakt & Digitone missing song mode, so I’m thinking I’m missing something… or chaining patterns is a really difficult process…

Yes.

chaining patterns is not like a song mode! You can’t do pattern A1 play 4 times then pattern A2 only 2 times, its all patterns in a cycle when chaining, that’s why you need to buy more Elektrons :grinning:
Edit actually you can if you mess with master length you can a bit but not in an easy way and not repeating it over and over like a real songmode works

Nice, I’m guessing chaining patterns isn’t really difficult, so cool, thanks! That’s song mode enough for me, I’m happy with that.

I know what you mean, it’s not an ACTUAL song mode. But it is what it is & it’s enough for me. It’s “song mode” enough for me. I’m sure copying patterns is possible… & if it’s not possible or if chaining patterns & copying patterns is a pain in the ass I’ll just hook it up to an MPC or something. I love the sound of the Digitone, so I’m ok with that.

chaining and copying is not a pita it’s just that it is not a songmode and you can’t save a chain, but with latest update we can fake it a bit more hehe, …yes same here, now thinking of using songmode of MD if that would work or even another old gear with songmode.

This is not true. The only pattern that can not be repeated in a chain is the first pattern chosen (though there are work around a for this). Otherwise a pattern can be repeated as many times as the user chooses. Up to 64 patterns can be chained total. Chaining is also no longer restricted to a single bank at a time.

4 Likes

Its not a lot, its just always the same folks that scream the loudest and constantly. If you Look at the Sales Numbers, the missing Song Mode is Not stopping people to buy the Digi*s.

5 Likes

It is missing song mode and though you can chain patterns you can’t save the chain. Would I love it if it was implemented at some point, yes. Does it stop me from using my DN daily, no. I don’t bother chaining due to not being able to save, I just play the patterns live while recording to my trusty 404.

2 Likes