Something new

PM you about it

Didn’t tell us anything useful but the “Something New” thread has over 10 thousand views in 3 days. The wait for the Heat was a bit absurd, but this time they pretty much rallied us, gave us a fun little guessing game for a very reasonable amount of time, and got thousands of people ready for the 19th to see what the new thing is.

2 Likes

I think it’ll be great with the heat. Pump up those drums!

1 Like

Looks like Elektron is trying to increase their market share, by creating products that appeal to folks that don’t wanna spend $1400+ on new gear - good for them. Maybe if they sell enough of these they can produce the A8…

2 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t announce this with a full on video demonstrating some of its capabilities…

1 Like

Yeah this is quite interesting to me. I think it can be much more difficult to be successful with a product this affordable. This might show us that Elektron has matured as a company and are also feeling confident. I think this means more good things on the horizon for all of us. :smile:

so it is a sampler, with midi-tracks … a downsized OT mkII with a new or better sampling-engine

could be cool

2 Likes

Like someone said in the fb Octatrack group this is the Octalite!

Yeah, If they ‘are’ planning another OT style box with scene fader etc, guess it makes sense to release the little brother first. Bunch of nauts will buy it then still want the big brother later. Plus as mentioned the price of this will get Elektron a whole new bunch of people onboard, and they’ll probably buy the big brother later too… Can’t blame em for business savvy… Bit of an anti-climax tho. Especially is theres no onboard synth engine?

Definitely sample based only.

It’s exactly what Elektron should be doing, lowering the barrier to entry to Elektron sequencing and music making. A good built in reverb is a really smart move and with OB functionality I think they’ll be aiming for the sort of customer that is moving from DAW only production to buying TB-03s and the like. It’s probably not for the people who already have a trinity of Elektrons.

If longish & chromatic sample playback is a possibility it’s also one of the most attractive simple hardware samplers on the market. If this had been available last year I might well not have bought an OT to be honest.

3 Likes

This is the electribe killer lol

1 Like

Iv clearly missed it but what is the RRP?

They are saying 600-650 dollars/euro.

1 Like

cheers

so 64mb is about 12 mins sample time in 44.1hz 16bit mono? am I in the ballpark there?
I hope there’s no restriction on individual sample length.
I also hope there’s extensive real time manipulation abilities. the good ol machinedrum “function button = ctrl all” trick would do nicely. :slight_smile:

oh boi

Here’s to hoping that this is Elektron’s 2013 Waldorf moment (where they released the Rocket before the Pulse 2). Digitakt is to Rocket as Octatrack Mk2 is to Pulse 2??? Digitakt even looks like the Rocket :ecstatic:

2 Likes

Overbridge runs at 48KHz, so I would think this does the same.

haha, i think dataline needs one :smiley:

sample time should be around the same so. bit less.
just wondering if I did me sums right about the 64mb = 12(ish) mono minutes.

Sounds about right :slight_smile: