Something new

Digital drum engines (if there are), so you can have more metallic sounds.

Sampling, MIDI sequencing?

I don’t want to toot my own horn, but, I told you guys! :smile:

1 Like

Or is it like an external add-on box for the Rytm? Featuring things I really wanted to see implemented in Rytm like sampling and MIDI sequencing? (and a Machinedrum-lite thrown in for good measure) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Honestly this could be less sarcastically true, might not be a big enough market for just the big boxes to keep them afloat, things like this could keep them cruising and allow them to still work on flagship type ideas…

1 Like

Rytms an analog drum machine, can’t touch that with this…

Instabuy

2 Likes

Elektron seem to have created both a cut down version of the RYTM and OT at the same time.

Could I do without my RYTM analog machines & filters?
Could I do without my OT endless sample mangling?

Both of the above are what I like most about the RYTM and OT … yet this is a cool looking new machine.

2 Likes

Parameter locks big question

1 Like

As soon as Cenk does a full product demo as only Cenk can, I’m sure my GAS will kick in.

2 Likes

forget that idea

1 Like

Yes, I haven’t heard anything specifically about P-locks. Did I miss something?

They did say something along the lines of all the usual Elektron Sequencer capabilities, so I assume that included p-locks. They’re a staple.

one thing we have learned … teaser videos tell you absolutely nothing useful.

Someone stirring a bowl of whipped cream or a bird laying an egg would have been just as good a clue.

3 Likes

Looks cool very interested in this vs sonic potions LXR or both :smiley:

I’ll sell you my LXR to buy this :wink:

how much sample space does the octatrack have per project? around 80mb is it?
or. is that just the flex space and then the static space is larger?

Seriously anyone want a LXR?

Interesting. But seems the form factor of other boxes looks a bit better as a non-effector unit, but it makes sense as a stripped down hybrid of OT and MD. By the way I was expecting anything related to granular synthesis.

how much?