Something new

that’ll do nicely :slight_smile:

I guess I’ll have to invest in a overhub.

No performance controls on this thing according to Simon.

What I want to know is: conditional trigs?

We don’t know all is not revealed for now. only most specifications not details

Nope. They released Heat before Drive. The stripped down model comes later. But this is good. I think a recession is coming for the US at least, cheaper items are a good call and get back to making holy grails after the golden age returns

2 Likes

A cross fader woulda been nice. Hopefully it’s got scenes

Yeah on IRC Simon confirmed conditional trigs for audio and midi tracks.

3 Likes

No performance controls on the DT apparently.

Ooooooh! Elektron! Why do you gotta out me in this spot?!

(Shouldn’t have upgraded my MD non uw :confused: )

I know, as it stands the DT is their most advanced midi seq, and at half the price of all the other boxes. Those hoping for a sequencer got their wish, and with a free 8track drum sampler as a bonus.

3 Likes

It’s brilliant, actually. Get new people to buy(with room to upgrade), potential for current demographic to buy(especially if they can’t afford another full fledged unit). Brilliant move Elektron.

Hopefully they ARE working on the OT2, though. This actually seems like that is the direction that they are going in, so hopefully they’ll find the right time to drop that. Even a little box like this. 8 tracks total, 4 for samples, 4 for midi and OB. I’d be a pretty happy camper

it doesn’t plock, right?

It does. Conditional trigs, too. I’ve heard something about poly rhythms as well

nick batt please

1 Like

Conditional trigs has my :elmd: feeling a little bit scared. But it shouldn’t be. It’s silver and oh-so-sexy. But man I would love conditional trigs for when my loud and cool sounding FM hats and cymbals start to repeat a bit too much while I’m occupied elsewhere.

1 Like

that‘s the point where i sold my MD and got the rytm.

Bye fantasies of awesome FM synth with analog filters; I’ll dream of you again another day.

4 Likes

Pretty sad there isn’t any synthesis inside. The silver lining (lol) is that it leaves open the possibility of a MnM/MD combo box. As it stands it looks like an Octalite. I’m sure it will be very good for Elektron, should bring in tons of new customers at that price point.

Does anyone know if they are bringing over the independent time scale per track from the OT? It’s the one thing I really wish they would bring to their newer sequencers.

The static machine streams straight from your compact flash card. I have a 16gig card in mine.