Some Scratching

I’m really into scratching again lately. Here’s a little clip of how my flow is nowadays.

17 Likes

Nice! cut like a guilliotine indeed.

How you liking the xfader on that pio goodness of a mixer? Been lusting for one since it was released but the price…

Rufftone battle vinyl, nice

1 Like

DANG nice man

1 Like

It’s a great mixer and great fader; I really dig it quite a bit. It is spendy, but I definitely think it is worth it.

This kind of stuff never gets old.

1 Like

idk, scratching isn’t as prevelent as it once was. there’s a little scratching on the new Run The Jewels album and it surprised me to hear it

Less prevalent, no less exciting for me.

4 Likes

fucking ill

1 Like

yeah of course. i love that stuff

Groovy rhythms dude!!!

1 Like

Thanks guys. I just picked up this Zoom Q2N video recorder last week, and it really makes it easy for me to capture little sessions to share. Here’s the other one I recorded right after receiving the Q2N. I’ll continue to share more clips on this thread in the future for anyone that might be interested in checking them out.

6 Likes

i love this shit.

bring it back! :relaxed:

When I’m in the club…

4 Likes

I’m getting a portablist rig for practicing and outdoor goofery. Ever tried one of those @Prints? Will be interesting to see how 7" cutting compares to using 12" records

Yeah, I have the Numark PT-01 Scratch; I dig it a lot. Be careful, those 7" vinyl are addictive. I keep buying them left and right. I haven’t used it in awhile because I’ve been waiting for my Jesse Dean fader (which I just received, but haven’t had the time to install yet). https://jessedeancustoms.com/accessories/jddx2rs-numark-pt-01scratch-fader/

Looking forward to jamming with it again outside once the weather warms up a bit.

1 Like

Nice cuts…

Are you recording audio in real time via input jack on camera?

Yeah, I’m using one of these.

1 Like

Yeah, I ordered the jesse dean fader too, should get both the numark PT01 Skratch and the fader by next week at the latest. Will mod it straight away too, looks easy enough.

And “Practice Yo Cuts Vol 3” just dropped to my letterbox! Can you recommend any 7" records that would have a lot of cool/classic sounds to use? Like that one electric guitar sound, or that weird stab used by Cypress Hill etc… Personally I cannot stand any of the diss vocal sounds and IIRC even the 7" I got just now has those in abundance…

BTW, not sure if you know, but there are AA to D size battery adapters so you can use eneloop AA rechargeable batteries with the numark.

I’ve seen those battery adapters; I’m super into all the possible mods. Check out these sites if you haven’t already for 7".

I also really dig this guy’s YouTube channel.

2 Likes