Some Scratching

thanks

Those NickNack soundcraftsman series records are a bit more to the direction Iā€™m looking for. You got any of those? Would you recommend em?

Most of the 7" are sold out from mega :cry:

BTW whatā€™s the deal with all the coloured vinyls? IIRC the mastering engineer from hardwax said that black vinyl is the most durable choice, and since we are talking about records that get abused to the max, wouldnā€™t it make most sense to stick with the black vinyls then?

I didnā€™t know that black vinyl were more durable; I would say theyā€™re both nice in different ways. Black vinyl feels more bendable to me, and colored vinyl are sometimes more rigid. 7" vinyl usually get printed in very limited quantities. I prefer the ones with a bunch of skipless sentences that contain good acapellas for chopping up. I think youā€™d like a the 7" Super Duck breaks if you can find it. Personally, Iā€™d recommend this one because itā€™s by D-Styles and there are only 500. Gotta get them before theyā€™re gone; probably not what you were specifically looking for though.

https://www.beatjunkies.com/product/d-styles-x-dj-la-d-da-finger-lickin-good-skipless-7-yellow-vinyl/

1 Like

I know ritchie who makes the practice yo cuts vinyl. Heā€™s killing the portable scene, great dj

2 Likes

Word? You know him personally? I definitely dig his steez; Iā€™m a fan of all his scratch vinyl.

nice flow brotha! back in the days we had great scratch sessions here in hamburg with up to 20 djs on friday nightsā€¦ i miss those timesā€¦ canā€™t seem to find anyone to battle with nowadaysā€¦ i feel the scratch scene is somehow diluting more and moreā€¦ still rockinā€™ my QFO prototypeā€¦ first of 50! :smiley:

are you usinā€™ proXfader?

2 Likes

Germany has such a great scratch scene though; such great scratch DJs coming out of Germany and France in particular. I live in the Midwest of USA; there is no scratch scene here. I feel like the whole portable craze has definitely invigorated the scene though; it helped me get back into things. That fader is old school; I think I might have had one back in the day. I really dig the fader in my Pioneer DJM S9 though, and have no urge whatsoever to change it. You have a QFO prototype?? sick. I had the grey one when they first came out, sold it, got the black LE when that came out too, but sold that one as well.

yeahā€¦ i got a prototype firstā€¦ then i met Q, A-Track & DJ Scratch at a gig and had 'em sign it with a golden markerā€¦ After that I got another one and rebuilt the signed prototype with the mint condition faceplate of the new oneā€¦ Its sitting here aging quietly in its flightcase :smiley: - I only use my other QFO which Iā€™ve upgraded with a proXfader. I used to do a lot of skype battles when the scene here started crumblingā€¦

2 Likes

Yep, known ritchie since around 2000 and had him over here dj few times. Heā€™s an excellent dj, dedicated to the battle with crazy skills

1 Like

Thatā€™s so cool. Super jealous of your QFO(s).

I remember Ritchie from all the battle videos I use to watch incessantly. Itā€™s great to see him thriving off the scene with his business.

The thing isā€¦ even if someone were to buy the mint prototype off me, he/she wouldnā€™t dare use it ^^ - I unveil it every once in a while to not forget its still there :smiley:

2 Likes

It will one day belong in a museum.

1 Like

i hope so! iā€™ll have to get dstyles, flare and shortkut to sign it too though :smiley:

1 Like

still waitinā€™ on that watch-size turntable from wavetwisters that you can attach to your arm to blast alien suckas to hit the market!

1 Like

Found the video (its kinda long but an interesting watch if one is into that stuff). Talk and demo about vinyl quality issues are towards the end of the vid IIRC.

Thanks, Iā€™ll check that 7"

PT01 should be with me by friday, anxious to giving it a spin!

yeh prob be rocking a PT01 with jesse d fader by summer unless someones brings out a good quality portable which needs no modsā€¦surely its been proven that thers a market for itā€¦

summit like this-

That one looks very promising, but I am personally very skeptical when it comes to crowdfunding projects. I really hope that one gets launched but as on how many years until they are out in the wild, who knowsā€¦

fwiw that jesse dean fader is super easy to install, I donā€™t even consider it a mod, more like a xfader replacement.

Hope you remembered to remove capacitor :wink: ā€¦good tutorial on swiftstyles youtube channel.

Im still hoping pioneer drop one as qbert said something at namm(pioneer booth) about portables that I took as a hint but Im probably well wrongā€¦hoping thoā€¦

As much as PT01 looks fun I want a quality professional portable.