Soma Labs Ether

“These findings indicated that some RF-EMF may be correlated with more severe migraine headaches.”

Correlation is not causation.

The study also does little to deal with the fact that the subjects taking part in the study would likely expect to experience more headaches/migraines when using mobile phones/WiFi and would therefore end up having more headaches/migraines as a result, known as the nocebo effect. This might explain why having a phone within 1m of their head while they slept made no difference, as no nocebo effect when you are asleep.

Sorry, totally off topic, but this study is evidence of very little, certainly not the ability of EMF to affect the human brain. Not trying to have an argument or to diminish the experiences of others, but we need to be very careful when posting such studies as evidence of one thing or another.

3 Likes

You are correct. I will be sure to do better on the next scientific paper I submit to elektronauts.

2 Likes

Please do. No more of this peer reviewed stuff using rigorous statistical analysis.

Sorry, you caught me on my monthly “taking the internet too seriously hour”.

1 Like

Lol no problem. After being online for nearly 30 years I’ve manage to get my “take the internet seriously” sessions down to about once a year.

1 Like

So look it up, there are plenty.
I’m not your researcher.
:face_with_monocle:

Water is also toxic if you drink too much of it.

There really is no reason to worry as long as you don’t chain yourself to a very strong radio transmittor for a very long time.

I liked it when he made the fence talk.

1 Like

We ll see. People used to think the same about burning petrol and letting the smoke go up in the air :wink:

Get back to me with the first case of someone committing suicide by locking themselves up in their garage with a running radio transmitter.

3 Likes

I have actually looked into it and couldn’t find any compelling evidence. So please do share if you have any.

http://www.rroij.com/open-access/study-of-electromagnetic-field-and-its-effecton-human-body.php?aid=44328

I’m not prepared to expose myself to further EMFs to find any more :joy:

I honestly thought it was common knowledge.

There s a reason you re not supposed to put living creatures in a microwave oven or linger in front of a radar installation…

1 Like

Did you read that? It’s not really a study, it’s just a poorly-written article that says ‘yeah it’s dangerous’ without offering anything in the way of actual proof. There are a few citations but the only one vaguely resembling a scientific study is the Bioinitiative Report, and that’s not peer reviewed, full of false information and easily debunked. See here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioinitiative_Report#Criticism

The article you linked states that “The Bioinitiatve Report is probably the most comprehensive literature review on the subject”. If that’s true, and in the 12 years since then nobody has been able to come up with any solid evidence, I’m gonna remain sceptical about the dangers of EM radiation.

2 Likes

I read it, was poorly written but again, I know it’s harmful, and I don’t need any more evidence myself. I also care very little about what others believe and have no interest in defending my position.

Buy an EMF meter and see for yourself.

It’s obvious that it’s harmful and it’s obvious why people would seek to refute that fact.

https://www.powerwatch.org.uk/science/studies.asp

1 Like

If it doesn’t confirm your bias, THROW IT OUT

2 Likes

http://safeschool.ca/uploads/Navy_Radiowave_Brief_1_.pdf

This is worth a read, from 1971.

1 Like

that thing looks pure wonder… I’d buy that prototype in a heartbeat.

Well I mean, all light and also heat energy are defined as Electromagnetic radiation. And rather than cause damage to us, we’ve evolved nervous systems that are able to accurately sense and respond to specific bands of the electromagnetic spectrum.

The EM spectrum is vast, and while prolonged exposure to specific types of EM radiation (Gamma, X-rays) can almost certainly cause harm to biological organisms, most of the EM spectrum is relatively benign.

If as you say, EM radiation is a public health problem, then why isn’t the global population decreasing in correlation to the ever increasing use of Electromagnetic communications devices?

It isn’t. Because they don’t pose any significant (emphasising the word significant here) health risk

So is 5G there a danger? And will it be picked up by Ether?