Soma Labs Ether

I got a BFI book on him many years ago. He talks about working with a sound designer, I don’t have the book to hand. But basically he had a bunch of pickups, contact mics and stuff all hooked up to stuff in his shed. He spent seven years making eraserhead. I can’t watch it too often but it’s a favorite.

1 Like

Instabuy. Soma really goes above and beyond to show the creative applications of their products in these videos… well done.

1 Like

I don’t know but I read multiple times about EM frequencies being harmful, so why would you even listen to them? Same with a circuitbend FM synth, it can sometimes pick up EM waves or interferences which I don’t like to hear for a long time

no pain no gain :sunglasses:

Strange that someone would be worried about sonofying eletromagnetic waves while our environment is COMPLETELY permeated by them, and we all carry devices in our pockets that generate them :wink:

2 Likes

true but some people are more sensitive to them EM then others!

Agreed. I think one day we’ll realize what the hidden effects of all that EM energy pumped into the environment are, perhaps at sub-atomic/quantum level of organisms.

1 Like

EM frequencies are and can be harmful to humans and other species.
If anything devices like this highlight just how much damage to our bodies is taking place and is unavoidable.

Just wait for 5G my friend.
Wake up now.

1 Like

Electro-magnetic radiation at low levels has not been proven to be harmful. There are many types of em radiation, like getting a sunburn from exposure to ultraviolet radiation from natural sunlight. Obviously, some people will be more sensitive to that. :wink:

The typical exposure that you experience in a city is not likely to cause you any more harm than natural radiation which has been around since the dawn of humankind.

Listening to it won’t change anything.

However, if you experience discomfort near sources of em radiation, consider doing a test to eliminate the possibility that it is purely psychological. Have a friend (or doctor even) conduct a blind test on you, for example. I hope you don’t take this the wrong way. I don’t think I know better than you, I just want to help the best way I can.

6 Likes

Colors are electromagnetic waves.
Sounds aren’t.

No harm in listening to the sonic traduction of an EM wave, unless you listen to it very loud + it’s in audible range…

Making invisible EM waves audible is quite interesting in fact, all the more if you want to be more conscious about how exposed you are.

3 Likes

images

:sunglasses:

6 Likes

Your grandfather walked 5 miles uphill in EM waves to school every day. And he lived to be 95.

3 Likes

But he died of brain cancer and suffered insomnia and dementia due to the fluoride in his drinking water.

Never heard Techno

The radiation is there anyway, translating its frequency into something in the audible range won’t make it any worse, it just identifies it’s there. If anything you could use this device to identify the radiation in the area and then avoid it if you want…

2 Likes

Bingo

1 Like

Uphill both ways to boot!

1 Like

Gonna need a source on that

Gwyneth Paltrow*

*Allegedly

2 Likes

Okay i dont really understand the use of it but its awesome :sweat_smile::alien:

It can cause (and cure!) migraines.

I’ve had sleep paralysis since I was a kid, after some research I discovered I could prevent them by positioning my bed against a wall with no electrical wiring. EMFs can definitely affect your brain.