Software to cut up samples

It would be great if someone made a Max for Live tool for chopping and creating individual files from transients or warp markers but it might not be possible.

Try MPC Beats? It can do it pretty quick and simply.

Edit: It can slice to individual wav, then you can just grab them all from the folder.

2 Likes

Had a look into it, will give it a try when I get back. The transient detection on mpc 2.0 kind of blows for anything but drum stuff. Not sure if you’ve had a chance to try that out. I’m guessing it might be the same code but I’ll definitely give it a try Thankyou

have you looked at recycle? or New Sonic Arts Vice 2?

Yeah it is the free version of MPC 2.0 so probably the same, forgot you were a MPC user, still I had some success with non drum chopping, but often needs a tweak of some of the settings.

Ah got it. Never tried to use mpc software for this purpose. I just always found other programs transient slicing to just work better. Ableton & beatmaker 3 mostly. also logic. Will give it a spin again though if it can just dump wavs

Answering my own question, I eventually discovered how to do both in Audacity, under Analyze -> beat finder and Tools -> regular interval labels

4 Likes

Ableton

Or if Mac I use Audiofinder for batch file management/slicing/converting

https://icedaudio.com/site/

Like this:

None of the videos are mine btw

3 Likes

I’m developing a slicer for Octatrack that runs on macOS.

This slicer does onset detection and automatically creates slice points and outputs .ot files just like Octachainer.

Is this slicer the answer to this discussion?

Thanks for taking a look at this post.

2 Likes

what’s your process for getting audio in and out of your iPad?

iConnect audio, or just via iCloud/AirDrop.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the info in this thread. Using MPC software for chopping samples has totally changed my workflow!

Can anyone recommend a way of batch trimming the silence from the end of samples?

2 Likes

My adblocker hates Instagram and I can’t do anything about it… do you have a website or something else that is not locked behind Facebook’s wall of trackers / login?

1 Like

So that’s why I never see the image in instagram posts … I knew it had to be adblocker or privacy badger but never figured out which.

Audiofinder is added on the Black Friday list. Looks super handy.

Could not find it right away, does it allow meta data editing?

Need a tool for my field- & foley/fx recordings.

is that audio finder by iced audio or by another company, actually didn’t somebody take over audio finder from iced audio a while back ??

Thanks for the comment.
You couldn’t see it. I’m sorry.
I plan to launch within a month and will upload the video to YouTube at that time.

Here’s a picture of the application in action.

I also have a video on twitter.

4 Likes

@y4i happy to help beta test this. M1 Mac mini running Monterey. :+1:

1 Like

Oh, no idea. Will look into it some more after our city break at the Baltic sea.