Softube console 1

New Ableton Live Beta 10.1.9b1

• Added support for PreSonus plug-in extensions and Softube’s Console 1.

It’s here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Held of purchasing because of lack of Ableton support. Please can you report back if you test. Thanks

When I find some time to slot it in I’ll let you know how it goes!

Thank you.

1 Like

I have the beta installed but it seems like the Softube.com server is down or something. I can’t access their page or login to my Softube Central app to get the updated console 1 plugins. It doesn’t work with the old plugins so far so I’ll have to wait until their website is back up.

you can also update via gobbler :wink:

No update showing on Gobbler :confused:
Not sure if there even is one but I can’t check for sure unless their server comes up.

Okay… Looks like the VST3 plugin is the only one that supports it… testing now.

Everything is working as expected.
Full DAW control.

• Volume knob controls Ableton Live track volume
  • Pan knob controls Ableton Live track pan
  • Shift sends control the first 3 sends A, B, and C.
  • Track follow works Bi-directional. Select a track in Ableton Live and the Console 1 controller follows and vice-versa.

I ran into one bug where if you add more tracks and more Console 1 plugins I had to remove and reinsert the Console 1 plugin to update the controller. Seems like a minor bug though, otherwise it’s working as expected and just like in other fully supported DAW’s.

If this is what was holding you back feel free to jump in now :slight_smile:

They implemented the Return and Master tracks the same why I did in my Max for Live device where they are just appended onto the end of the list of numbered tracks.

2 Likes

Are you also using a UA audio interface, or just the Softube Console as a plug-in/control surface?

I have barebones UAD stuff (with an Arrow interface) but I don’t really use them. I hate how it installs every UAD plugin even if you don’t own them.

I just haven’t really seen the need. Really don’t want to get sucked into the USD world but I could probably test something if that’s what your after.

Thank you for testing. Need to do a bit of saving and will go for this. Might get the new fader as well

I was mainly curious about switching between using the Softube as a controller for the UAD Console app and as as controller for Ableton, and if that’s a hassle.

YES!!! totally agree, but what I now do is create a folder inside of my vst powered plugin had folder “my plugs” then drop a sim linked vst into it that way I get just my plugins but it doesn’t count for the console 1 app. now having said that you can also show/hide what plugs you want inside of pads console

I could check it out…if the Softube server is back up (I’d have to download the UAD Console app). I’ll try it out once I can.

Would be nice if they gave you the option to install or not. I just don’t like the pushy marketing attitude.

1 Like

If you haven’t done so you should def do that, it’s the layer between your UAD hardware and your computer, eg you can use one of the preamps placed in the unison slot of the console to take advantage of the unison feature of your preamp on your Arrow. It’s quite awesome actually :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries, don’t test on my behalf, especially if it’s not already part of your flow!

My Arrow is my “to-go” interface but I have it setup with my laptop usually. I’ll try it out anyway to see what all the fuss is about. Thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

Looks like I’ll be close enough to trying it. I’ll let you know if I do.

1 Like