Softube console 1

Uh oh!

softube.com is back up btw

1 Like

Finally purchased this. Upgraded to Live 10.1.9. Everything works bang on. The unit is good quality and the workflow is great.

Really glad I finally got round to getting this.

Fader will be next. More saving up required.

Better live 10 integration

https://www.softube.com/console-1-and-ableton-live?utm_source=Softube+Newsletter&utm_campaign=d2850a3494-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_11_19_02_45_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_97a92143ea-d2850a3494-33303309#/

gassing for the console fader, just not sure if itā€™s something i really need! i kinda enjoy mixing volume using the arrow keys. i guess my question is, do the faders gives you the same incremental resolution as mixing on a laptop?

I was thinking of either building a controller with something like doepfer pocket electronics or getting behringer xtouch mini just to control a channel strip. I already own Pro-Q3, I just need the controller

All I can say is console 1 and faser is now my go too on all my mixs
id be lost without it now. Not saying there arenā€™t alternatives but for me this is the best

1 Like

can you control each tracks auxiliary sends with console 1? i had a look in the manual but there wasnā€™t anything i can see. looks like you can do it with Console Fader but not the channel strip version.

Yes, you can control the first 3 just like on the fader. Itā€™s a shift function.

2 Likes

brilliant, thank you! i canā€™t afford both right atm, but it seems i can do most of what i need with the channel strip version. i guess it comes down to whether working with a 4 band EQ would be enough.

I went the same route and got Console 1 first. I work in Ableton and previous support wasnā€™t as integrated as it is now so wanted to test the waters. It worked great so the fader followed shortly after. There is a lot of crossover (pan, drive, sends, volume etc are covered on both units) but I fell into a good workflow and having both is great.

4 band eq is ok for for most tasks. If I want to get surgical Iā€™ll crack out FF ProQ.

I have loads of plugins that do the same thing but having a controller specifically designed for the task is fantastic and has really sped up my mixing.

3 Likes

have you tried the other channel strips? i guess iā€™m wondering how often iā€™m likely to swap out parts. Softube are doing a deal on the British Class A atm

No I havenā€™t and I got a free one. Iā€™ve got most of the supported UAD stuff as well but havenā€™t really tried those either yet.

I havenā€™t felt the need to. I use UAD for other stuff but must say it made me consider selling the lot once or twice.

1 Like

I use the ua stuff modularly in console one instead of other channel strips. For me that is the better solution. I think the drive knobs are the sends when holding down shift.

For those using the fader version, how are those tiny transport buttons? Is it possible to enable loop or anything like that now?

1 Like

I havenā€™t tried as I use something else for transport controls but I read you can type in your wanted key command for each button so as long as the function you want already has a key command in your DAW it should be possible.

Yeah to add Iā€™d like to say I have used all the strips, each are worthy of a cause, they all do something differently enough to warrant purchase, also as mentioned fader and console 1 do have cross over, sends can be used for the first 3 inserts. If you had to choose and just have 1, console 1 with out hesitation, faders is a nice addition I mainly use it to do quick mixā€™s on levels and the console 1 for sculpting etc, it also works beautifully with softubes other plug ins in a modular fashion eg Weiss, saturation, harmonic etc

1 Like

a question for you C1 / Ableton users - when you rearrange track orders inside Ableton does C1 follow without issue?

Yes. If I recall the setting wasnā€™t enabled by default but once enabled it works great. You will need the latest update of Ableton which added the necessary support. I think itā€™s 10.1.9.

1 Like

C1 arrived this week, managed to use it briefly. really like it so far, however i have experienced discrepancies between AU, VST, VST3 C1 plugins. i havenā€™t used it enough to work out which type misbehaves, just noticed issues with track follow and intermittent freezes . are there well known bugs? if so, which plugin version should i use for Ableton Live 10?

I also have one version that works better than others, and I believe itā€™s the vst version but I am not 100% sure off the top of my head.
I basically have the one that works best as my favourite plugin in studio one and havenā€™t checked what version it is since.
Maybe get a hold of their support.
Hope you enjoy c1.

1 Like