Soarer Industries

I’m happy to present my new industrial beats and noisy drone project “Soarer Industries”.
I’ve been having a great time making big dirty industrial beats on the Machinedrum and this album is made entirely with Machinedrum as sound source and Octatrack for live resampling, transitions and effects.

I’ve aimed to make noise music (or rather soundscapes) that sounds like it was recorded in an old factory full of running machines with a bit of mystery as to what is being produced. Hopefully that also makes it interesting for those who like soundscape and sound design - or for those interested in the sounds of the Machinedrum. I will probably add more tracks to the album.

I hope you nauts like it! You’re welcome to let me know what you think of it.

34 Likes

Dope !

1 Like

There’s a fascinating musicality going on that I didn’t expect with your “noise music” description. Quite a soundtrack/score!

1 Like

Sounds great and very interesting project!

1 Like

Very cool stuff!!

If Jason Voorhees was to make music these days in an abandoned factory somewhere, I’d imagine it would have some similar vibes.

I really like this. A nice balance of dissonance, musicality, distortion and finesse.

1 Like

Thanks for your excellent feedback! Really glad to hear your impressions and that these things are coming through. Noise is the most fitting short description I could come up with. Soundscape (or ambient noise?) may be more accurate. But yes I want it to make sense musically and probably wouldn’t be interested in making the constantly shifting random noises of typical noise music. Anyway, it is fun to twist the Machinedrum like this with Control All and a great way to explore it’s sound capabilities.

2 Likes

Illbient?

But whatever it is, it’s sounding bloody fantastic.

2 Likes

Thanks so much Donovan, I’m very happy to hear that :grinning:

I have updated my album by shortening some tracks and added two new tracks (1+2). I’m going for a soundscape and ambient noise expression now but the more noisy tracks are staying. It’s all still made with the Machinedrum as only soundsource.

I have included the fine feedback I got here on my Bandcamp site :pray: I hope that’s ok.

2 Likes

Had not seen this thread until your update and am VERY happy to have found it this morning. Absolutely killer. Maybe the fact that I’m sitting in traffic watching heavy machines destroy concrete really adds to it :grin:

Keep it up!

2 Likes

Great, thanks! Haha yes I can imagine the sounds are fitting well to that!

1 Like

:thinking: weird choice for a date…

But interesting sounds.

1 Like

Oh okay… It says 1940’S so in that decade. why is it weird I chose that decade?

Geez, what a magnificent quality and materials … great job mate…the filtering, modulation etc…+++++

1 Like

yes, illbient is a fitting one…I remember a show in SF in the late 90s headlined by spooky that evened around the variant aspects of the illbient scene sounds.

and also stands firmly in contrast to the “pseudo-quietness” of this digital environment in the physical world…removed from the noise but of the Noise

1 Like

Cause it’s been the worst decade ever?

Sure but my industrial beats and factory sounds have nothing to do with the war :grinning:
The 20’s, 30’s, 50’s and 60’s would be equally fitting I think. But maybe I should find another decade if that is something that may be frowned upon.

Exactly. I’d avoid 30’s as well tbh.
Those decades are pretty loaded politically, not sure you really want to refer to what was really going on in those factories then ^^

1 Like

Dope !

1 Like