Am I the only one? [Machinedrum love]

I do :slight_smile:
I was drooling over the silver boxes too.
Got a MD, still there!
Do you remember Hector? :smiley:

I have used the MD over the years as an IDM box, a live sampler for experimental improvisation, a supertight drummer… I don’t use it on a regular basis but can’t imagine letting it go.

Sounds good, thanks for sharing. This kind of sounds reminds me of when I as trying to get the maximum out of the MD synthesis… 'cause, really, I couldn’t live without the UW feature: so creative.

I have used the MD over the years as an IDM box, a live sampler for experimental improvisation, a supertight drummer… I don’t use it on a regular basis but can’t imagine letting it go.

Here is an old track (sorry, poor mix/premaster) featuring the MDUW and a guitar played live (and processed y the MDUW). The bass and vocals were added afterwards.
Uncertain trip by Lawx&Mowk

3 Likes

Damn man, these are brilliant! Can I ask what FX you were using? Phenomenal range you pulled out of the MD.

1 Like

Amazing and inspiring.

1 Like

Nice album man. Very well sculpted sounds.
This is not typicaly MD identifiable work. You reach nice level of machines use.
Bought it to support your sound designer work.

Send you message about the fact that it would be cool if you choose to propose sysex at selling on your BC.
What about that idea ?

2 Likes

Oh wow thanks for your awesome feedback nauts! I’m very happy to see that you like it.

@Wilshire I have used Hologram Microcosm on track 1 and 2. Then on the following tracks I have used OT mainly for transitions i.e. recording the current beat and then slowly fading into the next Machinedrum pattern. I’m not sure that I used any other effect in OT. Then some EQing and limiting has been applied in post production.

@elenacortes thanks so much for purchasing the album! It means a LOT :pray:
I haven’t thought about selling the sysex. The MD Bank is a bit messy and I haven’t sold much on Bandcamp yet. I’ll think about it and in the meantime I’ll be happy to talk about the process if anyone is interested. There’s a dedicated thread here: Soarer Industries

I know I want to add more tracks to the album and your feedback has made me pretty excited to get started :grinning:

4 Likes

so I got rid of my md in a px for some other gear…can’t post here anymore…see you elsewhere, big love :heart_eyes:

what did you get? :face_with_monocle:

juno 106 don’t judge me

2 Likes

too late :grin:

6 Likes

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

… my first two doodles with the Machinedrum …

All of md’s cymbal and hihat machines (not counting the samples) have what metal/alloy is missing: a crisp and tasty highend like real cymbals and hihats.

20 Likes

:slight_smile: gave these a few rewinds. any heat going on or just pure outputs?

This morning MachineDrum wandering. Wee bit dirty.

3 Likes

thx, pure outputs :okej:
(my heat is just for my digitakt)

2 Likes

So this is quite impressing…

1 Like

That’s really impressive, I was sure it was enhanced by the Heat. You’ve really made the MD punch…

2 Likes

Hearing how these cymbals/hi hats sound further emphasizes how sorely the Syntakt is lacking in the metallic percussion department :pensive:

2 Likes

It’s such a deep instrument. Lovely stuff!

1 Like

Ran a MD pattern into Ableton Live through some plugins (Soothe2, KClip Zero, Kelvin, Pro-C, Shadow Hills Class A). Have been enjoying creating kits this evening.

14 Likes