Soarer Industries

You could always write a PhD thesis on the intersection between noise music, industrialization and politics in the 20th century.

My preferred takeaway is that the unique thing about the 20th century is that “war is hell” became part of the Official Narrative, and not just a thing that the man in the street knew but couldn’t safely talk about. This doesn’t in any way mitigate or excuse any of the horrible things that happened in the 20th century, but I think it is a valid basis for optimism moving forward.

That was only a gentle poke from me, not some injunction in any way.

Off topic chat

Talking about the 1940’s is (and I hope will stay for a long time) very loaded with meaning.
When someone refers to this period of time, of course WW2 and the atrocities perpetrated come to mind.
Unless you want your work to be specifically related to these very dark times (and it should be a good reason, IMO), it’s best to refer to a less loaded period of time.
In other words, if industrialization or factory noises are the sole reference the author has in mind, and not nazism, stalinism, the Shoah, war economy or any of these trouble times aspects, they would be well inspired to choose another period of time.

2 Likes

The main idea of the theme is the sounds of a dark and dusty but beautiful old (vintage) factory with impressive powerful machines which I find fascinating. Also there’s an additional deeper theme of alchemy and inner transformation that I haven’t introduced that much yet. This is all fiction and I’m surprised that anyone would fixate on the chosen period. But LyingDalai did and I am listening.

The sounds also remind me of the Steampunk science fiction genre inspired by 19th century steam powered machinery which is a much earlier period. So to be safe I’ll remove the time period and just refer to an old factory.

Factory by AlexShatohin