Single waveforms for M:S (AKWF)

made for model:samples

Content : 22 x 120 single waveforms mono samples
How to : set [LOOP] to on, SAMPLE LENGTH to 1
choose your sound with SAMPLE START (from 0 to 119)

samples details here : https://www.adventurekid.se/AKRTfiles/AKWF/view/waveforms_index.html
AKWF_01 are samples 1 to 120
AKWF_02 are samples 121 to 240
AKWF_03 are samples 241 to 360

Enjoy !

AKWF for model sample.zip (2.7 MB)

14 Likes

Thank you kindly!

1 Like

This is such a treat! Having so much fun using the sample & hold LFO to jump around the start position! THANK YOU!

2 Likes

Is that working? I think the LFO S/H produces float numbers and so they don’t always hit the right spot?

Yes, there is a definite randomness to it as that’s the nature of s&h but the results are relatively as expected: the start position jumps around the wav, changing the osc shape to random cycles rhythmically but always in key.

This is fantastic, thank you so much!

1 Like

Can you explain this? What is the sample and hold LFO?

I should have said “random LFO shape.” Sorry, my bad. Sample & hold isn’t random but often sonically yields similar results as a random LFO.

1 Like

Thanks for these!

Do you know if these waves have been retuned to C? The original AKWF set is in D according to the website. I have an Octatrack friendly set all tuned to C but each chain is 64 slices so not very flexible for M:S.

Edit: Just checked and they are in the original format D.

1 Like

Just a note to all to beware of some of the re-tuned versions out there. A comparison of a given wave vs the original AKWF sometimes shows that some artifacts were introduced into the re-tuned version (ie, the two versions do not have identical waveshapes). They still sound fine, since the start and end points align, but they may have a different timbre than the original. IIRC, some but not all, of the re-tuned waves show these artifacts.

1 Like

Good to know! Do you happen to know which sets are affected? I have the Inspektor Gadjet set for Octatrack.

Not sure, it’s been years since I compared them. I think Inspektor Gadjet did have the artifacts, but it’s possible new versions were uploaded too. I seem to remember seeing it in one or more of the waves in the “simple (or was it “pure”?) waves” folder - these are easy to confirm since you know exactly what a sine, saw, square, etc should look like.

1 Like

I’ll have to take a look in Wavelab. Thanks for the tip on the simple waveforms!

This is really cool. Thank you!

1 Like