Show us your Rack! 19 inch format love

Thoose Gould cases are a thing of beauty. I love mine.
How do u like the Overstayer?

1 Like

Really beautiful work. I like having it directly on the desk it’s so nice.

Can’t say much about the Modular Channel since I got it yesterday apart that it’s mindblowing, from the first few loops I ran through it :slight_smile:

we should definitely eliminate / merge all " to one. Super annoying. And people who know the difference are from another planet :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What’s that? Its looking good and complex :grinning:

5 Likes

Overstayer Modular Channel, it’s like a full stereo channel strip : preamp, resonant filters (High, Low), EQ, Compressor and Saturation unit. It goes from subtle to utter madness as you can saturate every stage of the process. Each block (eq, comp, sat) can be run parallel and blended to taste, or away from the signal.

9 Likes

Okay, sounds amazing! I need to check that one up. :grinning:

interested to hear your thoughts on the Overstayer Modular Channel once you’ve dug in more. the unit interests me but the demos out there don’t really sell me on it. there’s plenty of much cheaper units that do similar things to what the demos display; Analog Heat, for example. but I think there’s more on offer than what those show. and that the utility of it depends ultimately on how you’re using it; or what you’re applying it to and when, within your recording workflow.

1 Like

I’ll report further with more experience for sure. There is a lot of praise for the unit online but very very few demos so it was a bit of a leap of faith. I wanted something versatile for colour and this does it and more. I’ve had the AH in the past and I wouldn’t put them in the same category (certainly not the same brice bracket too). Like the EQ and the Filters… absolutely no comparison. Those are just the most obvious that I was able to pick at first.

I’m planning to run pretty much everything through it, individual tracks and full mixes. I have it set up as an external instrument in live so I can resample everything.

1 Like

to be clear: I wasn’t trying to make a “you fool! you could have this for much cheaper!” type of comment with that comparison. I believe it’s likely very different from the Heat, and similar saturation/filter/EQ units; I just haven’t seen how yet. other than being more flexible in its routing.

14 Likes

I always loved that removable screen on the S6000.

It’s just a pain to have to switch cables. You can’t plug the screen back in when you use a longer cable. Strange design.

1 Like

I sold a lot of my rack FX years back because I was moving all of the time. I think it’s time to start replenishing.

17 Likes

In shuffling bits around, my rack ended up on the ground under a synth. I’m using the Twin X as a monitor controller, so I rarely need access to the rack. However, I’m afraid of kick that gear so I ordered one of these rack security covers.

https://www.gatorcases.com/products/rack-accessories/panels/rackworks-panels/4u-hinged-plexi-security-panel-grw-pnlsecplx-4/

Will probably laser cut a few ventilation holes in the plexiglass.

4 Likes

21 Likes

6 Likes

That is a thing of beauty.

Stupid question: how do you attach the ELZ-1 to the shelf and do you think that would be sturdy enough for a portable rack case?

I use double sided tape (too trailer park?) for small bits (bomebox, thru box, usb hub, etc) but want to shelf/rack some heavier gear and looking for options.

It’s not attached at all, meant to be moved or taken out of the space for making new sounds on the back deck etc.

The pedals behind it WILL be secured with heavy duty Velcro, pedalboard-style, as I don’t want those to slide around. I imagine that would work fine on the ELZ-1 if you want it to stay put in a portable rack setup.

These are the fairly inexpensive sliding shelves on Reverb but seem solid enough. The back of them have mount holes for rear rails that would make them super solid, but this rack doesn’t have rails on the back side. Fine for my application as everything is pretty light.

2 Likes

this kind of reminds me of a 70s style james bond scene where Q is about to present a watch that can shoot missiles.

2 Likes

My contribution though I’m ditching these 27u racks for some 15s and a 42. The 15s will for the base of a desk and all the 3 u modules will get moved to a new 42u rack.

25 Likes