Show us your Rack! 19 inch format love

Any love for the 19 inch rack mount format?
After loosing my TX81z and Emu XL1 to old age, I’m wondering why 19" rack format is less popular now days? Here’s mine…

24 Likes

I love the 19” rack format. I wish it was still somewhat relevant for the manufacturers too. An Elektron rack unit would be a dream. The current trend of tabletop synths and gear is just fine but eventually you run out of tabletop to fit them on. I have no room for huge 61 key keyboards in my home studio either. The rack is just perfect format for me.

11 Likes

Hope to add a TX81Z and an SPX90 at some point over the next year or so.

11 Likes

I had three synths racked up but have gone back to desktop positions as I now have a bit more space.
The Nord is now sold but I replaced it with the keyboard version (it’s a nice synth to sit and play on its own) and the Octatrack is sadly sold to cover some bills.

27 Likes

9 Likes

13 Likes

Fixed your title, unless you peeps are rocking very big studio items :wink:

19’’ or 1’7’’ if being obtuse

10 Likes

Yeh WHOOPS…But also more love for compressors and romplers the size of sea freight containers i say…

5 Likes

giphy

9 Likes

Just putting a few things in the rack today.

• x2 Digitech Studio Quad v2
  • x2 DBX 166XS
  • Novation Bass Station Rack
  • Novation Drum Station Rack

12 Likes

No fx other than midiverb2 in my rack. Rest are sound sources, interfaces or patchbays

11 Likes

@bambrose
Is it a Yamaha SPX 990 in the rack?
Just got a second hand one and wanted to know how you like it.
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

19 4eva

13 Likes

Yeah it is. I love it. The spx90 is great and everyone loves it for the lo res texture…
But the spx990 has some effects in there and it has a sort of high quality sheen to it I love. Use it a fair amount. Works very well with synths. Definitely a keeper.

1 Like

Love a lexicon. Had an mpx1 and sold it. But would love to get some more one day. Those 80’s , 91’s and 70’s sound amazing

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:
Just got one in perfect condition for 180€
Will report back once I put my hands on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

My only rack at the moment. Gonna get a 8u and a 16u slanted.

15 Likes

Excuse the mess.

Top to bottom:
Furman M8
dbx 266XL
Spacer
Novation KS-Rack
FutureRetro Mobius
dbx 266XL
Roland MKS-7
Roland MKS-30
Furman M8LX
Waldorf Pulse+
Neutrik NYS-SPP-L
MOTU Midi Express 128
Kurzweil K2000RS
Powerwerks PowerPro
Joe Meek VC1Q
Roland SRV3030
Lexicon MPX-100
Alesis Quadraverb GT
Urei 565T
Urei 565T
Altec 1591A

Not pictured are a Virus TI, Sherman FB2 and another Mobius. I prefer 19" rackable equipment all day long to desk top units. The move away from from either/or form factors is a huge drag to me. Racked gear is protected, cable management is less of a hassle and it all takes up a smaller foot print.

37 Likes

Technically… it should be 19″, not 19”. A double prime rather than double quotation marks. :troll:

2 Likes

Konputa wins. That is one epic rack!

1 Like