Show us your Rack! 19 inch format love

If I may, where did you source those shelves? They are far more efficient than the ones I am using now which take up an entire rack space just for the shelf as it is more of a box, and not open on the front and back like yours. Thanks in advance!

I got mine on Reverb here-

Your setup is super baller btw :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you, and yours too! I wish I could get my studio that crisp!

1 Like

Just been installing some new stuff, iConnectivity MIO XL and x2 Furman power

9 Likes

19 Likes

a friend had the casio vz and i messed around w/it one day and it was like autechre era tri repetae sounds. had a nice presence to it.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a unique sounding FM, very futuristic to me.

2 Likes

Sweet vz10! I always likes those. I think they would have given Yamaha some real competition if they didn’t say “Casio” on the front.
Nice marantz deck too.

2 Likes

What did you do with the TX81Z?

Passed it on along with the Wavestation. All great synths, just always wanted a VZ.

And my buddy @Scot_Solida just happened to have one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Darn, the power supply went in mine and i do miss it… the VZ is far more worthy of the 19 inch real estate though…

1 Like

As much as I’m down with the vz like everyone else…
I think you showed me it’s the marantz I’m missing in my rig…

1 Like

It’s a fairly standard deck, no advanced features or anything… I got it to impart real tape hiss and saturation on synth parts (Lyra especially) to then sample into the SP. I’m sure I’ll figure out other uses tho :slight_smile:

Love this thread. Been considering growing my MKS-70 into a rack stack that includes ESQ-M, Pulse or SE-1X, and perhaps an old EMU sampler.

But in the meantime I can live vicariously through these great photos.

7 Likes

+1. While I dream of Kevin Shields-esque rack towers.

8 Likes

not too crazy/sexy, compared to what else is here. but it’s the audio hub of my studio. I really need better label work on the patch bay too…

15 Likes

Speck = sexy :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Crikey, those are filled with unobtanium.

1 Like

It’s still interesting to me that for such a good product, the market apparently didn’t support it. Maybe the price point didn’t work. Jim@SSL commented that they moved really slowly said in 2016 on GS “It was one of those things that looks right on paper and sounds right as a product but never really sold enough.”