Share your tunes

Thanks man! Actually it was all done on an afterparty, everything on an iPad. Even the vocals were recorded there. Only the bass was recorded later in the studio. The mastering took longer than song creation :slight_smile:
Thanks again for the wonderful comment! Glad that people dig the odd beat/microtonal stuff.

Oh sure, I got that. The music sounds lovely and spontaneous. I guess I meant the video looked like it took hours and hours of hard work. But saying that, even spontaneously created music has hours and hours, well okay, years and years, of hard work behind it - learning, practicing, etc. Anyways, congrats on forging ahead down a unique path. Cool stuff.

By the way, where was this filmed?

ah, ok :slight_smile:
It was filmed in Belgrade, Serbia. A lot of brutalist buildings here, Milica (the director) used that to a great extent to convey the atmosphere of the song. Yeah, the video took some effort, but it didn’t feel like it, cause making it was really fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

sounds good dude!

Cheers!

Synthwave / 80s flavour on this one!

2 Likes

Awsome percussion. :+1:

1 Like

Hello there😀 really enjoying the topic! Here is something from my side. Have a nice day❤️

2 Likes

First tune I’ve done in a couple of years, basically an octatrack jam, as the description says probably a mess but that is kind of what I was going for

3 Likes

fair play, this is more musicality than I got out of the Machinedrum when I owned it

1 Like

this is rather lovely, is this just the digitakt or are there samples in ableton too?

Thx! All the samples are in Ableton, in a drumrack called Hollow Point (by Mad Zach) I downloaded years ago. Actually my drumrack in Ableton is functioning as a sample folder, while using all the sequencer goodness from the DT to fire them.

1 Like

Did some jammin, first session with the Shapeshifter. Might work as a proper song if I add another part…
Digitakt, MS20 and Eurostuff (mainly Shapeshifter/Atlantis)

2 Likes

very cool, thanks for the info, i really love the track, any downloads going?

There you go sir. Enjoy!

A track I just finished - feedback anyone?
Thanks in advance!
https://soundcloud.com/salamonkey/cowsonmarbles000

Started this Instagram project couple of weeks ago making 1 minute “soundtracks” for gifs and visual art. This is two of them:

Hope you like it

1 Like

Sounds good, like what you have done with the percussion. The first part, before the break, could use a little more variation. Maybe try using little background noises or a variation of the beat.

thank you kindly, downloading now

I’ve already posted one but going to be cheeky and post another one. Did this on Octatrack over a day and then just recorded my first take of it. Not perfect but it is what it is.