Share your tunes

I really like your song. Good choice of Orchestral Sounds and Piano Timbre. Very well build and Professional. Finally someone who’s not afraid to show his fragile and shaky Voice.

1 Like

First song made in like 5 years. Made with swedish tools. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everybody!

I Recorded a dubby techno live set today. It is a collection of stems and loops from unreleased songs I performed with the OT controlled by a Launch Control XL and a Space Echo as a send effect (which goes a bit out of control some times :slight_smile: ) I try to go with a little setup that I could easily carry around but would still allow me to play quality hypnotic tracks.

Hope you like it!

3 Likes

amazing set @Martebar ! really enjoying the variety of sounds and vibes. Very hypnotic and inspiring. Can you give some info on how you created and performed this ? I also do live sets on octatrack (with a few other friends) and I’m always curious to learn about people’s workflow ideas :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks a lot, hypnotic was exactly the vibe I was shooting for :slight_smile:
Basically it’s a dozen of unreleased tracks that I separated into long loops of 6 types of sounds (kick, cymbals, percs, bass, lead, background). The loops are long in order to include variations so you can repeat stuff but there is always something changing.
On the octatrack I only use one pattern with six static tracks (one for each sound type), I added one flex track to play with samples (I will maybe replace that with a Model:Samples in the future) and track number 8 is the master track. Each track has a EQ and a reverb and I use the crossfader to control the decay of all reverb at the same time, to emulate having one aux effect on your mixer. Also I use the CUE to send tracks to a Space Echo pedal which is very interactive. A Launch Control XL is also used to control everything.
I change all the stems manually progressively because it feels like the best way to keep the transitions smooth and it sounds better than chaining patterns or using the transition trick for me.

I explain more stuff in there: Octatrack as dub mixer to finish tracks and perform live

Everything done on the Kodamo EssenceFM again trying to get better at programming FM. Goofy little tune

2 Likes

Many thanks!.. appreciate you listening and commenting!

Summer vibed trance track. Maschine MK3 + Digitakt + various effect devices, tracking, arrangement, mixing/mastering done in Cubase.

2 Likes

This was a really nice set. I can easily see this being played at some laid back drink bar with a small and intimate dancefloor. :slight_smile: The only gripe was that I’d have liked to have a bit more bottom-end presence here. In some places especially the kick drum is barely noticeable. But man, those arps are pure ear candy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Made this Track few times ago. It’s from an album we’ve made for a friend.
Minilogue only.

1 Like

A little summery thing made on the DT

1 Like

May contain Volca Modular improv

I recently picked up a Keystep Pro which is making interacting with my a-juno1 a lot more fun and I ended up making a couple tracks pretty quickly back-to-back. Two seq tracks dedicated to the Juno and one for the Minibrute. I’ve decided to keep the M:S on its own sequencer as that just seems to make the most sense for now.

Downtempo

4 Likes

AR2 and A42 through AH2 then mastering via soundcloud

1 Like

The title reminds me of their album Geogaddi and the song thats just silence

Magic Window
the whole album has eerie undertones, if you do some research on some of the names, there are some dark stories attached to the titles.

1 Like

I’ve PMed you.

1 Like