Share your tunes

Not even music, BUT…
I love playing bass guitar through eurorack (and OT for that matter) and want to get better at improvising live with it. In this case I played bass through a Qu-Bit Nebulae2 and Make Noise Mimeophon. Signals were split out to different filters and tons of modulation to try to get as much sound as possible

4 Likes

Love the song and the video!

Here’s my latest :slight_smile: Used DT on some drums stuff in an earlier, more technoes version of the track. Ended up jazzify-ing it later, Monologue on bass, a bit of Prophet in there, and a talented gentleman featured on Rhodesy Nordsy bit. Actually the first chords are me on the Arturia Stage73 which is pretty damn amazing.

I ended up selling the DT and now have seller’s remorse like crazy. I was young and needed the money. I will buy it again. Can’t quite make the spend at the moment, sadly. Got bigger life type fish to fry for a bit. I kinda was indifferent to the thing for 2 years and then the weekend I planned to sell it I had the time of my life with it and finally fell in love. MEH. Still wish it had individual outs though. I can’t deal with OB for no real rational reason.

ANYWHO enjoy.

4 Likes

Some ambient pads and drones from my desert island synth the Waldorf Blofeld. The patch is not overly complicated, just a sawtooth and a wavetable (can’t remember which, maybe Mellow Saw?) into a fairly closed 24db LPF with moderate resonance and slow attack and release times. Basic pad recipe. The secret sauce is the filter FM from one of the oscillators and a healthy dose of filter drive (tube) and lowering the oscillator volumes to compensate. Also, a slow, random LFO directed at the pitch of the oscillators. I think in this patch I used the third oscillator (possibly a sine wave) with its volume at zero to FM the filter, that way you can adjust the pitch of that oscillator to effect the filter without drastically altering the base sound of the oscillators. Recorded in mono through Soundtoys Little Plate reverb.

Hope you like :_)

5 Likes

I’ve written quite a bit over the years and this is my favourite one. Hope you like it.

7 Likes

My first complete DT+DN composition (and the first thing I’ve ever recorded in electronic music). Hope you like it! Comments welcome.

nice track bro, been a fan since the King Kong EP - can’t believe its been a decade already :crazy_face:

1 Like

A track that was started on the Model:Samples and a Mono Station, this version has been worked on in a DAW. I want to do a live dub of the bassline (bass is the mono station).

1 Like

Time flies! Thank you !

Nice vibes! the keys work is great, love it.

thanks!!! i appreciate the comment!

another new one.
Done on DT/DN, M32 and DFAM

5 Likes

Altered State. Octatrack and friends. Become what you aren’t.

1 Like

Analog Rytm MKII fed with samples, including recordings of an electric guitar tracked through Analog Heat MKII.

2 Likes

Made this from sampling vinyl records into the Octatrack adding a bass line and drums from analog Rytm then recorded to ableton then chopped it up, first time working this way but was a heap of fun sampling and chopping up on the Octatrack

6 Likes

Great work!

This is right in my wheelhouse, I’d defo play this track out at a party. Do you know how many records you pulled samples from to make this? It all fits together really well, you have a good ear.

Thanks man your track has some unique sounds really liked it
Mine was Made from think about 6 records,
3 different old records for the live percussive sounds and main groove, 1 for the intro.
A few different parts from 2 older house tunes pitched, filtered and eq’d,
the bass I made from a different 1 shot sample on Octatrack
then some 909 drums on analog Rytm,
also added some synth sounds from the A4…

Just beat matched the tempo then sampled straight into the Octatrack

1 Like

This was a perfect Saturday morning listening. Hearing the late 80’s here, :+1:

2 Likes

SG1991 Against His Will

all done with octatrack mk1, rytm mk1, analog keys, digitone, and mono evolver keyboard. Also, very little processing was done in the mixing process. I mostly eq’d everything inside the boxes. (I play out live so it’s gotta sound right to begin with.)

1 Like