Share your NOT electronic music

This is my old band. I used to say it was sort of a cross between Nirvana, Elvis, and Morrissey. Also on Spotify and anywhere else but I like BandCamp

4 Likes

Quality is fantastic!

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/K5TSrobOPdk

Old bands huh

2 Likes

A recent track from my band Makings

5 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

hey dudes thought id share this here. here’s a live show of my band AMENTHES from fresno cali. im the drummer.

4 Likes

Technically not my music but my label and our release, so proud of it as if it were my own. :slight_smile: Strange Boy is phenomenal, all of Limerick has got talent in spades.

We’ve tried mixing traditional Irish Folk with current Irish Rap…I’m proud of the result :slight_smile:

tune was released today, here‘s the official video:

Thanks for listening in!

7 Likes

Hey y’all, I’m releasing my first album today. It’s called ‘good grief!’ - a slow burn of lofi guitar textures and decaying loops. Putting this out on Folded Note Records, which is a label I’ve started with a few friends earlier this year. If you’re into cassettes we’ll be shipping them out in a week or two :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ace video, the rap goes well with the trad instruments!

2 Likes

A few years ago I managed to get a couple of takes of this achingly beautiful Armenian tune in 5/4 time played by a friend on flute and whistle whilst I fumbled around on the guitar, I added a bass part when I mixed it down, not a great recording but worth it for the emotional pull of the tune.

Record of me with this Swedish Rockabilly

5 Likes

Here’s a piano-only piece I recorded today. Performed and overdubbed on a felt Kawai K-200 piano through the Zoom H4n recorder to Logic. No post-processing (yet at least). Does have some hiss, so file this under 'fashionably lo-fi", I guess.

2 Likes

I released an EP a couple weeks ago which I haven’t shared here because the Elektron presence is minimal. Not sure about genres but I guess I would call it indie pop that isn’t very poppy.

Just an old acoustic song

One of the few instrumental songs I made
Drums is a loop that was intended to be recorded later, but that never happened…

Lol dude I lived in the same postcode as you. You’re not the guy with the MS20 painting in the window are you? :thinking:

Haha nope! Haven’t seen that! Tons of synth people in Brunswick though :metal:

Haven’t written a whole song in a while. Went through a breakup and decided to get back to it. Def a step away from my electronic music, but I did use some synths and the OT as an fx box.

1 Like

I don’t know if this counts, but all music I make is based on the ukulele, both acoustic and electric, some sort of pseudo acoustic lofi hip hop.

1 Like

This is the final full length album my last band made. We considered ourselves post-country. We were an instrumental country trio with bass, drums, and lapsteel guitar playing most everything but country.

We then switched to recording a series of singles of which included an instrumental cover of the beastie boys sabotage:

We also recorded this one with Andy Shauf when he lived here before he became sort of a thing:

6 Likes