Share something

It looks nice and complete, I use a smaller and more accessible software
but pixel art oriented:

4 Likes

I did not know this was a whole class of software! Mostly because I never really looked at the steam store as a place to buy anything other than a game.

Apart from during the sales if some software are mentioned, it is not a party for information. And that’s a shame.
There are a lot of animation softwares, basic game engines, some image, sound, video softwares … and the cool thing is that you can test them for less than two hours and get your money back if that does not suit you.
Software often offers demos but they are limited and it is often the tool you want to try that is not available.

1 Like

Recent mix for NEU RADIO

Expensive FX unit but looks and sounds great.

1 Like

Back on the PO33, I need some simplicity and limitations…

Edit: dammit, how do I insert an Insta post?

Here’s a soundscape-y thing I made as inspiration for a friend who was working on a production of Moby Dick, just one take from a Reaktor rack:

1 Like

Very much enjoying fluid simulations rn

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKolxGnDSYf/

1 Like

Don’t know what to do with this track so I’ll just post it here

Made this during a lunch break at Elektron sometime during the late summer in 2019, it’s a Digitone with a Nord Drum 3p going into its inputs, recorded straight out the master.

8 Likes

Good to hear from you Ess. Cool IDM’ish track. I’m often experimenting with making drums on the Digitone and it’s great for that. It would be interesting to hear some if the drums/percussion patterns you’ve made on the DN.

The Conceptor(s) kept the Retrig function for their Digitone. You deserve it. Very cool Track.

There’s plenty drum work on these

100% Digitone

And there’s also this

6 Likes

found this clip yesterday of two home shopping network people arguing about what the moon is.

3 Likes

Thanks - The Uncanny Valley ones sound particularly good.

I stepped on this and hopped off as it collapsed yesterday in my back yard. Watch out for sink holes :eyes:

7 Likes

:grimacing:

1 Like

At the end of 2020, finally decided to release all the “odds and ends” recordings from the archive.

Originally recorded under the name: “Octave Plateau”, but as that name is now in use by another, I decided on a new moniker for the project: “Voyetra”

Archive #1 dates from between ‘92–‘97 and were recorded to either cassette or DAT and mainly passed amongst friends on tape.

The style is mostly a hybrid of trance, enthno-house and breaks (not sure? never been good at pigeonholing stuff into genres). Shanai did get aired at Whirl-Y-Gig once (Shoreditch era in case anyone remembers).

Archive #2 mostly Ambient Dub and Chill-out from around ‘93–‘98. As before these are mostly recorded to DAT.

1 Like

Archive #3 ‘98–‘00 funkier, Breakbeat style. These did get burnt and passed around on CD. The first 5 tracks were performed @ Live Theatre Newcastle May '99. Edit: This is the link with my original Elektronauts name @Kalimari.

That conversation was gold. Thoroughly entertaining.