Share something

Both. Kick is analog with a ride cymbal layered over it. Snare is a sample pitched down and layered with a noise machine. Clap is analog, shaker is analog, hat is analog. Then two tracks with samples for some percussion. Two dual vco machines, three tracks with some Monomachine bass samples. I used a bit of distortion on the master, but most of the crunch is on a per track basis with the channel overdrive. Used a really nice signal path through outboard eq and compression from the main stereo outs, but otherwise all internal processing.

4 Likes

Kinda reminds me of one of my old favorites:

5 Likes

Huuuuge thanks on that. Long time Puppy fan

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

3 Likes

Coolā€¦
Thanks for the deatsā€¦

2 Likes

also, funny that you mention that, because it actually started out as a cover of Assimilate before I decided to do my own thing with the groove and sounds once I got to the point of progressing past the first pattern :space_invader:

4 Likes

Funny how many nauts are old school industrial fans.

Recorded just about 22 years ago (4/20/97) to tape deck. Korg 770, SCI Pro-One, TR-808, bass guitar and acid. Lots of acid. Recorded live, improv style, full on noisy and ridiculous.

The other funny tidbit about this, it was the first time the 3 of us had ever jammed together. It was an introduction, essentially, on acid, with Manson on vocals. :rofl::smiling_imp:

Hereā€™s a studio recording from the same general time frame, this one from 1999. Juno-106, MKS-30, MKS-7, VP-330 and ASR-X.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed that too.
Sick jam! I love the processing on the 808. Sounds like Pro one is used to process samples as well as make sounds?
Hereā€™s a cover I did of a Neubauten track with a friend a while back. Everything other than the vocals and sax are from the Rytm and Takt

4 Likes

Dude. This is an intense EinstĆ¼rzende cover (referring to YĆ¼ Gung). DAMN. Great job, brother. Maybe we can get the industrial fans here together and do some remixes or collabs.

LOL. Yeah we live patched inputs. The 770 and Pro-One both have filter inputs. The Pro-One distorted 808 BDs are instantly recognizable and you hear it all over the Brap era Skinny Puppy releases. The 770 does the parallel filter and ring mod stuff.

1 Like

this is dope

1 Like

My favorite Neubauten track and youā€™ve done it justice and then some. I am quickly becoming a fan.

4 Likes

Today I installed a modification kit for my VCS3 from Portabellabz.be. It allows the Trapezoid modulation output to be inverted (normally, the Trapezoid goes negative when on and positive when off - this makes it a bit difficult to get snappy sounds). It was an easy mod and I couldnā€™t be happier with the results. Itā€™s still an EMS - and therefore quite unusual - and that Trapezoidal envelope is always going to provide a unique patching experience. Still, this modification provides even more possibilities. I still have plenty of work to do on my VCS3 - including another set of Portabellabz.be mods and some minor restoration. Nevertheless, the old dear is ready for some cosmic tripping.

7 Likes

I imagine them beating the AR and DT with spanners and the kangencrusher :rofl:
Great rendition though.

1 Like

Totallyā€¦!
When i was 16 it was punk or nothing, i played power chords on a sg copy through distortion pedals, then ministry, skinny puppy, nin, front 242, KMFDM, rev co came onto my radar and blamā€¦a boss dr660 through a distortion pedal was all i could think aboutā€¦i would listen to that for days on endā€¦ thats how my fascination with electronic gear and music startedā€¦industrialā€¦hahaā€¦its all down hill from thereā€¦

5 Likes

17 Likes

Gorgeous. What is the location of the mountain range? The sphere pic is ready to be an album cover.

1 Like

Really love these and the forest pictures you posted earlier in the thread.

3 Likes

Iā€™m currently in the lovely city of Innsbruck, Austriaā€¦
And yes, I should make the synthwave album this sphere picture deserves !!
:smiley:

The two pictures, taken on the same day, somehow complete each other, I found.

Above forest pictures are from my home town, Rennes, France.

5 Likes

Dig It on acid.

3 Likes

My latest jamtrackā€¦

1 Like