Sequential Take 5 five voice poly

don’t like the name or the look, I think it would have been an easy layup assuming it sounds as good as their track record suggest… they’ve still got time, they should scrap this look and literally put out what looks like a mini prophet 5 :grimacing:

I dont get it. Where does this fit in. We have the Prophets already? Feels like their cashing in on the name.

2k below the P5

8 Likes

But isnt this what Behringer does?

I don’t think so

2 Likes

If this thing sounds nearly as good as its big brother Prophet 5, this will be a winner, even accounting for the necessary compromises to lower the price point and add stuff not in the big brother (sequencer, arpeggiator, digital FX).

Esp. if J3PO and/or Matt Johnson do a demo video.

Love it. Won’t buy it. But love it.

2 Likes

If I had a P5 like you, I wouldn’t buy either.

3 Likes

The Take 5 seems to step on the toes of the P6 more than anything else. I don’t know how anyone could consider a P6 over the Take 5. Unless you really, really love a high pass filter, 1/2 an octave worth of keys, and 1 more voice. More than 2x the price for that.

2 Likes

spec wise it seems closer to a P6 than a P5 (And I assume the sound too but only time will tell).

Not a huge fan of the name or look but if the Take 5 is the child of a P6 and P5, I’ll take 5/5 (I was looking for a second hand P6 module but with that price, I’m sure I’m gonna love both the name and look :slight_smile:)

Anyway, couldn’t be happier to see Sequential trying out “cheaper” synths as I thought they left that to B.

I don’t think Take 5 is an automatic win over P6.

We have the luxury of having a regional store (Chuck Levin’s) that keeps a P6, OB-6, P5, etc. in the showroom. Those of us who have access to such a store would be foolish to not take advantage of in-person auditions of these synths.

Yeah, I know what a P5 has and doesn’t have. Thanks.

3 Likes

Not an automatic WIN. But value? Definitely a better value, that cannot be contested.

1 Like

Not contesting the value.

Just saying I wouldn’t choose a synth without in-person audition first, because I can go to Chuck Levin’s to do that.

Last time I went to Chuck Levin’s, Prophet 5 beat out all the other synths in the keyboard section for me. It didn’t matter that the P6 appeared to be a better value, because it has several notable features that P5 doesn’t - they have already been mentioned so I need not retype them agina.

Only two things stopped me from buying a Prophet 5 on the spot - I’d just bought an Am. Pro II Jazzmaster, and I knew a desktop version was in the works.

1 Like

I don’t think either and Sequential certainly thought about it too as they certainly want to keep selling P6s.
sound is everything so I’ll wait before making up my mind but on paper, Take 5 is a very valid option when compared to the P6.

I agree. Take 5 at first glance looks like it may be a valid option.

Others are certainly free to buy it without trying first if they wish.

1 Like

This looks sick!!!

2 Likes

A Sequential VCO at that price with those features, is still killer for anyone who’s wanted that experience in a tight and comparatively affordable package. That alone makes this one unique in their line-up.

7 Likes

Yeah it is a nice price, more than anything else. Wish it looks better. The name is generative too.

1 Like

Just leading in to dropping a 5 step buchla sequencer imo

The pro 3 has become my favorite / most used synth and I like that this looks like they belong together. At this price I might get one.