Sequential Take 5 five voice poly

This for me too!

1 Like

On the other hand … that sequencer. I’ve always felt Sequential lacking in that area, that I had to reach for other gear just to write even a beat or two with their synths. This one has the interface of the Pro 3 sequencer, which (apart from the Tempest) is the best sequencer they’ve done.

So that actually peaks my interest. If it has the character of the Prophet 5, I might consider trading this one for the module instead.

Though there has to be a reason as to why this one is substantially cheaper than even the module. I’m betting that reason hides in its sound and character.

1 Like

Yup my thought too. I got a watery mouth, but nothing I need. Great synth!

Also half as many filters. This will probably only use the SSI filter, excluding the Curtis. Also, it seems it will use the Pro 3/P6 style VCOs, not the Curtis chips used in the P5. All of that cuts the cost down quite a bit… or so it would seem. Also, LACK OF WOOD! Smaller frame. All contribute to a cheaper instrument.

2 Likes

My bet after reading the specs: almost just basic features. Probably mono signal path until it reaches the FX, less modulations, no stereo pan/wide spread (therefore), just like Minitaur/Sirin are stripped down mono synths, this might be a stripped down Pro3/P5 poly, reduced to the max. Still good for a go. I love my Toraiz AS1. :wink:

I’m not sure that it does. The little buttons on the Take Five are just listed as program, or patch buttons. I don’t think it will have that advanced of a sequencer as the Pro 3. As far as physical controls go, it looks like it is missing a bit in comparison. Somethings could be hidden on the screen in menu though. We’ll have to wait and see when more info is released.

5 Likes

And from the leaked info above all it says is:

SEQUENCER

“* Polyphonic step sequencer with up to 64 steps with ties and rests”

So time will tell, but it doesn’t really sound like it’s all that advanced.

2 Likes

that would be such a bummer…

So you guys all talked me out of it before I had time for my second cup of coffee. For this, among other things, I love you.

7 Likes

Is a joke? Or a concept that didn’t take off or got shut down when Dave sold the farm. Or, a new era branded Focusequential product??? Take away 5 keys, and call it a Take 5? Time for Dave to take 5?
Take my money.

This looks interesting! A good alternative for a cheaper analog poly thats not from Dr. Evil.

Dont think Focusrite had anything to do with this synth. Expect maybe helping them get the price down.

Pro 3 looks great, but to me, take 5 looks like they had pro 3 knobs leftovers laying around…

Just my opinion of course. But it is priced accordingly, so i think it is not a problem.

P.s

The reason why i even am commenting this sinth, is because i am trying to decide between rev 2 and super 6… so this came out, and it makes me appreciate rev 2 even more.

The name must be from Dave Brubecks classic. All that jazz in one box baby.

3 Likes

Maybe i can change my mind if it sounds grate :grin: and save some cash

I wonder if a module version will come out in the 600-1000 range? That would sell plenty.

8 Likes

That would definitely be a very intriguing option! Always interested in whatever Sequential come up with but I don’t need / can’t fit another keyboard.

Tbh, I’m not a huge fan of how the Take 5 looks but if it sounds great, I’ll be mostly playing it with my eyes closed anyway.

1 Like

I think you’re right,
Looks like this is going to be like the OB6 and P6 sequencer, “record” and “play” … I hope I’m wrong but for that price I’m not expecting anything more.
Appart from the buttons “record” and “play” there is nothing about the sequencer on the synth panel though maybe you have to use the screen.

Anyway very tempting but i’ll wait for Dreadbox poly … lots of choice today :slight_smile:

1 Like

The word “standard” was used for the rear panel picture of the T5. a SE version might be available Pro 3 style or a module version? Module would be great.

2 Likes

You mean the pic had “standard” in the filename or did you spot it on the synth itself?

the pic description. You can access the page via google cache

3 Likes