Select track on Digitone in mute mode?

Waiting the select track function in Mute mode too!

Another great new feature would be to flash in white track buttons when a note is playing even if the track is muted and not in mute mode (as the Digitakt does).
Its more easy when your confuse about what track is playing what before unmuting it

3 Likes

i dont mind stepping out of mute mode quick to select track, but itā€™s obviously not ideal

i think that func+track would be too confusing. whereas most elektrons use ā€œTrackā€ + track to select, i think ā€œMidiā€ on the DN could replace ā€œTRACKā€ as the selection shift function here

Wow, all the time I thought I was too stupid or did miss something, but apparently itā€™s a major gripe with all of you as well. Hope this will get fixed in an update. Gives me anxiety about jumping between tracks while playing and thus keeping me from adjusting settings on the DN while playing.

2 Likes

I would alternatively wish we could mute the Digitone tracks with the PATTERN Mutes from Digitakt (maybe a settings option to be able to choose if either PATTERN or GLOBAL mutes send CCā€™s - as I only use pattern mutes for my workflow, as many other here).

1 Like

Wow, I was thinking Iā€™m stupid and not doing the right thing but Iā€™m realizing that is a difficult procedure. They need to fix in order to make as easy than in DT.

Anyways, at least I use DN controlled by DT so i can mute/unmute the DN tracks from the DT and leave the DN in the ā€œselect modeā€ for the color buttons. So clever how this two machines work together.

2 Likes

Is there a tutorial on how to set this up? Iā€™m rarely using DN without DT so it could be a workaround.

The most confusing thing is that selected track lights green, but sometimes red. As red is also used for muting/unmuting, you never trust the damn light. A clear color scheme would go a long way and should be a easy to implement.

This tutorial video of Ivar Tryti explains how to do this:

2 Likes

Thanks to you and Ivar!

But unfortunately muting DN from DT doesnā€™t work in pattern mute mode (purple). This would solved all my headaches.

1 Like

yes, so sad. We have to remind these issues to the Support so they can add this features in the future.

+1 for ā€œFUNC + TRKā€ selecting track when in mute mode.

6 Likes

Been returning more to my DN and DT over the last days. DT mute and track select modes are so intuitive. DN is a real nightmare. Now that I have started using pattern mutes more, it becomes even worse.

3 Likes

Is this really not a thing still? Iā€™m kind of baffled :sweat_smile: Iā€™m hoping itā€™s been added somehow and the rest of my comment is redundant?

Iā€™ve only recently started digging into my DN properly and after having tried all possible combinations Iā€™ve come here to find out that even Elektron recognised it as a flaw 5 years ago and still havenā€™t fixed it? Just FUNC+TRK when in mute mode itā€™s got to be 1 line of code whatā€™s the deal?

As others have said DT is so much better in this regard, I get confused enough with the track buttons to begin with, itā€™s amazing to me that they added buttons and somehow lost functionality :joy:

11 Likes

It looks like this is what theyā€™ve done in the new update!!?

Iā€™ve not had a chance to install and check yet. Can anyone confirm? Amazing if so! At last! : )

No sign of select track while in mute mode though as far as I can tellā€¦

Halfway thereā€¦ ?

What update are you talking about? Iā€™m running the latest OS thatā€™s listed on Elektronā€™s DN page, mute mode is still the same mess as has been described here. Edit: ignore this, missed the latest update.

1 Like

Really? Thatā€™s weird. This -

List of changes from OS 1.40C to 1.41
Improvements

Added an LED backlight setting that enables the possibility to turn the key backlight LEDs on/off. (SETTINGS > SYSTEM)

Added key shortcuts for the LED Intensity [SETTINGS] + [TRIG 1-3], and LED backlight [SETTINGS] + [TRIG 9] settings.

Improved the [TRACK] keys color scheme for the MUTE modes.

ā€“

Ok Iā€™ve just installed and only had a chance to have a very quick look. Unless Iā€™m tripping, on first glance it seems it is the DT mute mode paradigmā€¦

1 Like

Oh I was too fast and didnā€™t check the DN page again. Iā€™ve completely missed that update - I assumed they would always inform about updates in the news section. Sounds great, will give this a try later. It would really really improve DN workflow, itā€™s the one gripe I have with it! Thanks for letting us know in this thread!

Edit: confirmed, theyā€™ve finally solved the problem. When in mute mode, active tracks are lit green, muted ones are not lit. To mute/unmute, just hit the track, no fct or any other button press needed. Thank you so much Elektron!

1 Like

But can you select a track while in mute mode?

You cannot.

You have to leave mute mode for that, but thatā€™s the intuitive way to me. Just as on DT/ST.