SDS Drop for Mac - Better Sample Upload

:+1:

void should go ā€œsoup naziā€ on north: no soup for you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hi Void massive respect mate dont spose your goodself or another could write a version for windows, is it poss?

^ I am not a Windows man :slight_smile:

1.0.3 is up, keep in mind the App Store may need some time to load it on their servers.

so

if some of you wanna help PROMOTE this app, either just do it or get in touch :slight_smile:
a video would be cool but Iā€™m not good at this.

I donā€™t have a lot of reach, I mean how do I let every Rytm user out there know that the app exists? Only a small subset of users seem to frequent the forums, not everyone is in the Facebook group etc.

anyone have experience with online ads eg. Google ads? Good/bad/stupid?

also: if you enjoy the app - please do write a quick review on the App Store and give it a decent rating. :+1:

the thing is, this app is a sort of utility, so it doesnā€™t excite people a lot, which means itā€™s not something people talk about, aka it doesnā€™t spread itself virally at all. but everyone should buy it, so I can afford to spend more time doing these things :wink:
sales so far have been ā€œokā€, but lower than I thought/hoped.

btw hereā€™s Twitter for the app: https://twitter.com/sdsdrop

Windows plz! (-,

wonā€™t happen unless the Mac version sells really well, sorry.
even if, a Windows version would require additional support, debugging etc, and I donā€™t even use Windows myself nor do I plan toā€¦ itā€™s not like I can just flip a switch that makes zapppp - there is the Windows app :wink:

Hey Void - just my personal opinion - nothing else.

Personally I am waiting with buying it - mainly because I want any big bugs to be found and squashed. Iā€™ve had my own share of v1 releases and Iā€™m so damn fed up with the lousy quality control these days that Iā€™m usually one year behind whatā€™s going on. This is just the trend of this age - even Apples OSX releases are only getting really stable about one year in.

Secondly - and donā€™t take this as a personal attack - but Iā€™d rather wait a bit and see if your enthusiasm for this project will go the same way as Strom. You seem to be the kind of person who love involving yourself in new projects rather than keeping the development of existing projects alive and evolving.

It wouldnā€™t surprise me if other users think the same.

That being said. I own Strom and I really appreciate it and I will surely buy this one as well. But I am in no hurry and Iā€™d rather wait to see that there are no bugs/big problems around.

Google Ads? Hm. Itā€™s a bit tricky. Every time Iā€™ve used advertising I usually get back the same amount of money I put in. And in the long term I guess I am finding new customers. Advertising on Facebook was the most pointless think Iā€™ve ever done though.

/C

thanks for sharing your point of view - insightful! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not sure if this is counting free sample slots correctly. I can successfully delete samples Iā€™ve sent to the rytm from the +drive and currently see 8 free slots on the machine but itā€™s counting 4 in the app. the initial count of free slots when I first used sds drop was correct.

^ thanks - on first look, it seems like the Rytm doesnā€™t purge deleted samples references from the project settings correctly. Iā€™m using the project settings SysEx to get info about available sample slots.

It looks like the info about the sample stays in the settings even after deleting the sample from the +drive. Seems the Rytm can deal with it and doesnā€™t show the sample slot as occupied anymore, but this is not reflected in the data that I have access to, hence the wrong count.

need to do some more tests, as this is a potential booby trap. However, the worst that can happen is that the app refuses to use sample slots which it thinks are not free, when in fact they are.

not sure if there is anything I can do to fix this. I cannot see the +drive from the app.

before deleting samples, make sure to unload them from the project!

to fix your project settings:
you can manually update the project sample slots in the Rytmā€™s sample manager - VIEW RAM, then select all slots which donā€™t have samples assigned, and UNLOAD.

Iā€™ve posted to a couple Facebook groups (2,000+ members), and tweeted, with retweets also totaling 5500+ followers.
Blogs will help.
Iā€™ll also mention it to Peter Kirn for coverage in the CreateDigitalMusic blog. Synthtopia would probably mention it as well.
If anyone knows Nick at SonicState, please pass it along to him for coverage.

yeah thanks Adam, Iā€™ve seen your posts all around - Facebook especially did help a lot! :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve contacted Nick from Sonicstate myself, no response thoughā€¦
Mr Kirn is probably busy with CTM stuff right now.
I guess for blog posts a decent video would be good.

Also the next update will have something to write about, conceptually, as this will let you literally download the internet into your drum machine :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:frowning:

I thought there was a magic switch you could flip that just zapppā€¦ windows app!

My pleasure. I hit up the MatrixSynth blog as well and they were happy to oblige:

also pushed out to their 11.5k twitter followers: https://twitter.com/matrixsynth/status/696059545496350720
and 5k+ FB followers:
https://www.facebook.com/matrixsynth/posts/834831376639175

Letā€™s hope there are some AR users in there. :slight_smile:

hey void, sorry for repeating myself but are there any plans for OSX 10.8. support?

^ I may look into it if I find some time. Or rather, if I find a 10.8 machine locally which I can borrow for a day or two. Itā€™s difficult trying to develop for an older OS if you canā€™t test on it!

@AdamJay: again, massive thanks for your support!

I reposted rusty on my Facebook about the app. @Void maybe post a link to your Facebook/Twitter/tumblr/Instagram if there are any specific posts you want shared/retweeted etc. Cheers and good luck with the app. Going to chop up my new POs tonight and throw them in the RYTM to test the app.

cool cool, thanks :slight_smile:

just got bulk transfer going, needs testing & cleanup but works, has an option to load files to the project or only to +drive.

void: does batch work so that you can drag and drop the files to pads and then just wait for transfers to end? Hope so :slight_smile:

Iā€™m writing my songs on both A4 and AR so that I create a new project for each song. I tried to do many songs on one project but I always keep messing it up so itā€™s easier to work from scratch. I guess the slots are always totally free on new project at start.