SDS Drop for Mac - Better Sample Upload

hm currently it’s like this:

if you drag more than one file at a time, the pads are not active at all.
An option pops up, asking if you want to load the files to the project or just the +drive.
you confirm your choice and it transfers them one by one until they’re all done.

I think this is logical - doesn’t make a lot of sense dragging multiple samples to one pad at one time.

However you asked earlier about being able to queue up transfers to pads, this would be fun but is a bit more involved, requires a partial UI/logical rewrite. Not gonna happen in the upcoming release at least. :slight_smile:

void: i didn’t mean that it should be possible to queue on one pad, but to many.

For example; loading many tom-samples to separate tom tracks at “once”. Or just to drag the few kick samples to un-used tracks to test what kick suits the best etc.

A really detailed and low-priority request: when user checks a box, transfer will change synth track volume to zero. (“mute synth track”). Not a biggie to do manually but would make this app working like a mind (atleast my mind ;))

…the question is why isn’t it Implemented by Elektron?

…it looks like a nice weekend in Xcode!

…but i think it’s really Cool @void :slight_smile:

Strom for Mac would be cool aswell (for free)

thanks. but why should I give it away for free? :confused:

it is really, really baffling to hear this from someone who can afford the luxury of at least one Elektron device ($1500) and one Mac (minimum $1000). Seriously, this is fucked up. Think about it. It’s kind of an insult actually. It says: “your work is worth nothing to me.”

I agree, it’s very insulting. 10 bucks is less than one hours work minimum wage. If you can code your own version of this app in under an hour then I guess it isn’t worth it. An extra 10 bucks and my 1500 drum machine has an extra amazing feature that totally changes the workflow for the better.

It’s actually more fucked up than that, as the desire to benefit from the fruits of your work demonstrates some sense of value.

When that is accompanied by dismissal of your own right to benefit from the work it says, “I want your work, and you don’t deserve anything in return.” or, in other words “I wish to exploit you.”

+1

new features, new payment

fair enough

& thanks for the great app(s)!

Chaps, you must be forgetting there are tons of stupid kids that never worked for a living, yet they get expensive toys from parents or whatever. No wonder you get that shit coming from that kind of public. Ignore the motherfucker.

And if there’s a possibility of a Strom port to OS X happening before we wear out our USB ports - that would be ubercool, Void. Will be glad to pay for it for a second time

Wait… you like food?

I’m thankful for all the developers who do give away things for free, but I’m not going to bat an eye about buying your app for $10 when I get a RYTM, nor for the Ström upgrade (as you’ve said there are still plans to develop that). People forget how much work goes into developing things like this, and it’s such a paltry sum compared to what the hardware costs. I know all about working with meager budgets, but some people whine about the silliest things. Use c6 or take your lunch to work and buy the app. :joy:

Amen, brother!
(p.s. sorry to make you sad on the Push 2 sale. It’s kinda Rytm’s fault)

thanks for the positive feedback you guys :smiley:

back to business, batch transfer is pretty much done, just needs a bit of polish.

Awesome! :slight_smile:

Amen, brother!
(p.s. sorry to make you sad on the Push 2 sale. It’s kinda Rytm’s fault)[/quote]
It’s cool. I just thought we were gonna ride off into the sunset with our Push’s and Elektrons in tow :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Push 2 is also what’s made the RYTM more attractive to me.

sadly I’m a windows user apart from a dust gathering mac mini somewhere in my attic.
I hope the elektronados developing OB are considering something along these lines for the OB vst for the windows world.

the price reactions is just what people are used to. it is generally pretty cheap in the App world, so $10 is a bit more, and some people complain. how many people have a Rytm and are potential clients?
I’m pretty sure there are 10k Rytms around?
I personnally would have bought it but im on 10.8.
Also i heard that direct sample drop will be implemented in Overbridge and i’m really looking fwd to that. I just don’t use samples in AR because of that, they go in OT.

I wouldn’t hold your breath.
Last official mention of that was in November by Simon where he said "Not yet. Getting the basics right is essential before adding more features like that."

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/new-email-about-overbridge-1-1---au-other-daws/16042/131260

There has never been a real promise, let alone a timeline that this feature is coming. As far as I can recall, it hasn’t been advertised either. One of the first Overbridge roadmaps that was published made mention of “Analog Rytm Sample Management”, which was confused by many as “Sample Transfer”. But actually Sample Management merely means moving samples around and organizing them once they’re already in the Rytm.

“Not yet” is all we have, so far.

I look at paying $10 to void for SDS Drop as the same as paying for instant shipping on a product that has an estimated ship date of “not yet (when choosing free shipping)”

Synthtopia coverage today! Great synth blog that gets 330,000+ unique views per month.

If there are Rytm owners that haven’t yet heard the word, they’re living under a rock! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks!

I bought it immediately, though I admit it seemed more expensive than apps I normally purchase on the App Store.

Before this uploading samples to the AR was more of a weekly chore, where I’d find some samples in my folder and batch upload them, waiting while making dinner or something.

Being able to just drop them onto the pad is priceless really, it improves the workflow considerably, and with it the creative flow.

The transfer speeds also feels a lot faster now that I upload one and one sample.

Downside being that you can very easily upload duplicates etc, and to keep any sort of organization you need to manually change folders on the AR so that the file is uploaded in the folder you want. Really hope Overbridge will provide us with some API for sample management that could solve this.

Cannot wait for the new bulk upload, some ideas:

• Can you spread the samples across the pads, ordered by filename?

• Would it be possible to say upload 10 samples, and automatically configure
    the LFO for the pad you dragged onto to switch between them? (based on the “Sample slot” destination, the LFO will travel between e.g. slot 30 - 40)