Science Lab Challenge, February 2015

Song mode and any number of patterns are allowed.
You do not need to record all knob movements. You can record the track while manipulating the parameters on the machine.

Song mode and any number of patterns are allowed.
You do not need to record all knob movements. You can record the track while manipulating the parameters on the machine. [/quote]
thanks cenk no more question for me let s go!!

Let me rephrase my question. Could Iā€¦

• Have the sample playing on track 1
  • Have the track recorder of track 2 recording track 1
  • Play the recording of track 2

ā€¦ or would this break the rules? Does this count as resampling?

That is resampling and it is not allowed.

Cool, looking fwd to this! Which machine? Decisions decisions :slight_smile:

Looking forward to some one on one time with my octatrack.

Just curious. can Rytm users use Strom? Not the sampler of course, but the pattern and kit generator could be interesting.

You prolly could have got away with it, had you not said :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah if I didnā€™t just get the octatrack thatā€™s what Iā€™d be doing, but I feel this could be a good way to get to know my octatrack. :slight_smile:

Yea actually I just amazed myself. Sound designing with one sample is quite flexible on the Rytm. I havenā€™t used the sample engine much until now, it gives the Rytm a different sound, I like it!

if anyone wants to have a ā€˜real-timeā€™ chat about this or other topics, head over Elektron on IRC :slight_smile:
we arenā€™t many but itā€™s a good old way to have a chat with someone
thatā€™s it, wonā€™t talk about it anymore :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

edit: ā€¦and iā€™m not getting paid to do thisā€¦just in case, so you people know :slight_smile:

Oh ā€œcrapā€! Iā€™m going on a skiing vacation next week. Probably need to bring by OT as well then :slight_smile:

Dang, havenā€™t used IRC in years, been quite awhile!
So I made a track and itā€™s 2 seconds over 3 minutes, is that okay? A little leeway is alright or no?? Thereā€™s no editing allowed so no way I can chop off those 2 seconds!

Iā€™m in. Not a chance in hell but I will give it a shot. Gonna be difficult as we canā€™t resample within the octatrack itself. That would have been a big help. Especially in making drums.

Dang, havenā€™t used IRC in years, been quite awhile!
So I made a track and itā€™s 2 seconds over 3 minutes, is that okay? A little leeway is alright or no?? Thereā€™s no editing allowed so no way I can chop off those 2 seconds![/quote]
uh, just increase the tempo?

Just about have my kit done. This is fun.

question for OT
I would like to use one pick up for master recording on track one from the mainsoutput (dont have external recorder)
is this allowed?

videos answered my question

WEā€™RE NOT TALKING ABOUT A SIMPLE LIVING DEVICE

ā€œLooping device,ā€ not ā€œliving device.ā€

Iā€™m assuming itā€™s fine to use the arranger on the OT?

I Man I am having a blast learning the octatrack with this one sample! I hope what I am doing is allowed in the competition. Im using a lot of the internal effects (filters, phaser, lo-fi, compressor, and reverb) Each track is a flex machine with the same sample loaded and track 8 is in master mode.

Either way I am having a blast!