Science Lab Challenge, February 2015

Edit: reread - no modification of sample ahead of upload, ignore the first question

yes, indeed,a bit of clarity about what is allowed re sample editing, obviously on the OT you could import that sample and edit it away for ever, creating all sorts of snippets as well as say slice grids etc, so is it ok to harvest smaller unedited elements of the sample and feed them into the AR for example, i.e. slicing before you send, but with no modification, along with sending the whole file perhaps

i also assume the sysex requirement is to potentially show that the resulting track was indeed possible with the provided wave and no tinkering occurred, so, what is the case for using the OT in plays free, manual triggering mode, that aspect of the performance wonā€™t be sequenced

i ask these two queries to direct me to the unit that may work best, with such a coarse resolution to sample ā€˜slicingā€™ in the AR, it may be nice to have the option to slice and send sections

i want a monomachine :imp:

ā€¦with sampling feature :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes you can slice the sample and change the start end point.
However, you can NOT Edit the waveform using the audio editor inside the OT.

Sounds like fun! :heart:

Can we just record it into a wav editor/DAW ITB? What if we donā€™t have an external means to record? Iā€™m assuming external means recorder of sorts?

Yes, daw or recorder is fine.
Though, no post processing. The sound of the track needs to be audible exactly the same with the sysex / project files.

Are we allowed to use external effect boxes, for example the Mooger Foogers, or is that forbidden?

Looks like no Overbridge this month

Waaaw ! Very good challenge, I am in !

Just some questions :

• is normalization only of the record track OK ?

• can we use external midi controller ?

EDIT : I just realise it is the first time I upload something on my MD !!! So just for this : thank you Elektron :smiley: Hahaha

nice! i m in!! drum kit nearly ready on AR!

For the Octatrack, can we use track recorders?

No external processing is allowed.

Great idea, sounds like good fun, looking forward to hearing some of the resultsā€¦ Iā€™ve not really messed about with any voice samples as yet, so if nothing else itā€™ll be a nice learning curve :wink:

No post processing is allowed, so no normalization. That will be taken care of before uploading to soundcloud.
External midi controller can be used but the sequence needs to be inside the elektron unit. So you can not automate parameters or trig tracks using external sequencer but you are ok to use drum pads, keyboards etcā€¦

So for AR. Load in the sample and I can do anything I want to it within the AR right? I can only use the sample for everything/all tracks, and I cannot use any analog engines for drum patterns. Is that correct? I assume I can use the ARā€™s effects, compressor etc?

So just one box right? I canā€™t feed the octatrack food with the A4 or Rytm right? And I can only use the sample provided right? Just want to make sure I read that correctly.

can we use song mode on AR?
or must we make only one pattern?
must we record every knob movements?

Yes

I am really enjoying how fun and easy can you get a lot of different sounds from the AR sampler engine and filter with a random sample.

I founded specially easy to get a 303 style bass line.

No external processing is allowed.
Only one machine.