Rytm has a burned LCD

Hi there, my AR screen needs a little love - which resistor can i tweak in your picture please? Which side of the screen is it on?

Looking at the screen is it to the top left corner with a tiny philips screw head?

Iā€™m on this thread reporting a dark patch on my screen after it had been in storage for some months, it went away after about a weekā€¦

Back to report the unit had been in storage for 10 months this time and I was concerned the screen would be messed up againā€¦ Fired it up and all was fine, no issues, stokedā€¦

3 Likes

i just switched my RYTM after almost a year in storage and the screen burn has miraculously disappeared!! i just wondered if yours was still good?

3 Likes

Itā€™s fineā€¦ Just had a phase about 1 1/2 years from purchase after it had been in storage for 6 months, lasted a few days. I left it on and kept switching what the screen showed and it went away. Now Iā€™m at 4 1/3 years and itā€™s never done it againā€¦ Been in and out of storage for months at a time after thatā€¦

1 Like

weird that both our machines have healed themselves! iā€™d like to sell mine, but worried it will start doing it again and iā€™ll end up with a return.

Thank you for this! My RYTM mk1 is now restored to its former glory :wink:

3 Likes

Also have a burned screen on my Rytm. I will try to leave the Rytm on for 24h and see if that helps.

this is still occasionally happening on my MKI :expressionless: slight fade on the right side of the display, which goes away when the machine is used often, but comes back after even just a couple of days of not being usedā€¦might change the display at some point but for now itā€™s well, ok

1 Like

So its going to cost me around 200$ CAN to replace the screen. :unamused:

1 Like

Have u tried to adjust the contrast?

1 Like

Thanks !! That (slightly adjusted the contrast) with letting the Rytm open for 24h fixed it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yeah! but how?

1 Like

Add my Rytm to the lotā€¦ :-/ IMG_20191114_115926|375x500

Adjusting the contrast trimmer fixed my former shady Rytm display, too. :+1:

1 Like

Ehy motone can you help me understand which is the contrast trimmer please?

Thanks a lot man

1 Like

The adjustment of the contrast has in my case fixed the pixel interference.
And itā€™s not necassary to take the boards apart completly.

1. Disconnect the unit from the power supply!
2. Remove the front panel and on the back you will find the inscription: Contrast.
3. Now you can adjust the Contrast poti very carefully from behind with a fine screwdriver.
4. Then reassemble, switch on and test.

11 Likes

Iā€™m currently having this same exact issue on a used Analog Four mk1 I bought. Itā€™s in almost the same exact spot, on the right side, hardly a coincidence IMO. I doubt itā€™s still under warranty, I wonder how much it will cost me to send it back (and how long it will be gone).

My display looked really bad. Ordered already a replacement display from Elektron. Tried the contrast adjustment first although I did not think it could save it, but it totally did!

1 Like