Losing faith in the Analog Rytm

The pads are very stiff and I have had annoying issues in the past too, and I don’t like the disco light show neither. And then the tiny screen makes my head hurt.
I still keep it, so that’s how much I really like the sound.

There’s a contrast dimmer inside the machine. Are you comfortable opening it and adjusting it? It might help!

1 Like

Ooh… am I comfortable doing it? No.

Will I do it anyway? Probably!

2 Likes

I binned mine

1 Like

the new 1.70 update provides a light dimming setting on the Rytm now! It works great to avoid blinding lights.

is there a fix for the pads to become more responsive?

Just in case:

1 Like

Not that I know, would like that too.

I now just play in stuff using the triggers instead.

back when i had only a sp404og i had the same problem, and there were some fixes for the pads. they were also bad at response just as the rytm’s. one of the fixes was a kind of graphite paint and another was to put aluminum tape under the pads on the conductive material

i dont know if this could fix the issue

Have you fitted the sheet? I’ve got one on the way after finally raising a ticket. Nor sure if it fully cures the issue or not?

Edit. Sorry I didn’t read your post properly. I’ve got the adjacent pad triggering issue

1 Like

Now thats something i didn’t know and might just make me buy one.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

got rid and not looking back

I actually found it by accident after looking under the settings and projects folder. Nice touch and made me happy.

2 Likes

why? I love my Rytm especially now.

loads of features I didn’t use, so a bit of guilt around why I had it if I was only using a few tom sounds - if it was my only piece of gear then hell yeah but as an under utilised piece of gear it did’t find a place in my setup

2 Likes

If not having a dedicated drum machine would you choose it?

@mkdsl and all AR unfortunate users, there is something I’m not sure to undestand.
Are those pads behaving wrongly only in Mute mode?.. Or in any mode?
Thanks!

I have just bought new pad sensor ( sensor film) from Elektron, and it’s like having a new machine, mine flip pad mute’s to and was impossible to use as finger drums, but now, wow

5 Likes

Ahhh sorry .

Don’t worry, missed it anyway :joy: