Roland TR-6S

Yeah I’m finding the 101 labels a bit hard to read, the white and black ones are fine, but why they opted for the grey on black is a bit daft, still better than Aira green backlit I guess.

Hope someone makes a skin for it.

And people are actually paid for those doubtful decisions.

1 Like

I like it too for jamming. But I like AR too for jamming. In Tr8s you focus on immediacy to make your pattern change. On the AR the focus is on the sound design to make your pattern evolve. Two differents way of jamming and can’t decide wich I prefer. The two are great. I didn’t try playing the two at the same time, but I dream of a mixer between the two and play them like super rythm decks.

3 Likes

Since the original drumatix and the 303, the plastic does’nt involve problem for jamming and for durabiliy. And I think that it’s better for my walet, but a danger for the earth, and yes seems cheap for our taste.

A valid consideration although keep in mind one would hope these devices will be used for many years (decades) as the originals are, so not as bad as single use or short life plastic products such as cheap consumer electronics etc.

4 Likes

me neither. let’s keep both.

1 Like

That was my first idea too. But if you consider just the sound, the memory, the variations and portabilty, this little thing brings a real big sound and permit just to concentrate on other gear while playing. If I had a gig where the rythmic sound were more important than the performance immediacy, this little beast would be the winner.

1 Like

That’s what I think when I wrote my post. Your right and we must keep that in mind. But I can’t help saying that :flushed:

1 Like

Oh yes :yum:

1 Like

I don‘t know why but I‘m really into smaller sizes. The TR8s should be much more hands on obviously, still I probably will get the small one. Not to fit more stuff on my table, but my hands always feel a but lost on bigger machines.
I prefer DN and DT size over bigger elektrons, I sold push 2 mainly because it felt too bulky, and I actually loved the size of the op1 and also of the opz.
Most people seem to call that stuff toys and prefer more and bigger controls

4 Likes

So far the best sounding and most useful video about it I ve seen (granted only 3 or 4 have surfaced lol)

Not so sure it will blow out the Model Series or anything, but I see a lot of PO / Volca users making the switch.

FM seems to be handled a lot differently thant the M:C, although the M:C could use the company for FM beat based variations :wink:

Anyways, as a MC101 user, I love my polyphony. I could be tempted to add a new little drummer to the party though :space_invader:

Size differences:

4 Likes

Now the million dollar question is :grimacing:

Can you send outcoming audio from the TR6-S to the MC101 via USB (usb A to B adapter on top of the usb cable) and (EXT in) settings for the looper track in the MC101 ?

one can dream :grimacing:

1 Like

Can you power the TR-6s from the Digitakt USB?

I’ve been hoping they’d update the Mx-1. I’d love It if they’d do a full size version and a small one like the 707/101. I’d love it if it could multi track record and possibly have a looper function.

2 Likes

TR6s/MC101 seems kinda like Roland’s version of the DT/DN combo. (ish)

4 Likes

Yes

Anyone know if this can be used as a sound bank and be sequenced over midi from the digitakt? I’m extremely interested in a 909 capable drum machine but I’m worried about only having 6 channels

1 Like

You should be able to sequence it, but the DT’s midi channels are monophonic so you might have to eat a few up if you want dedicated channels per drum.

2 Likes

Dang looks like a fun little guy, anyone know if Roland ever patched in the ability to play chromatically with an external controller on the tr-8s? I guess you have to use up your assign knob if you wanna play one of the FM sounds melodically?