Roland SE-02

Dammit I want this one, but I have too many damn monosynths that I already really like. This one’s a good one though. Finally, Roland makes something not so crappy. This happens occasionally for them.

2 Likes

I wonder if notes can be programmed into the sequencer as standalone, without an external MIDI or CV device hooked up.

Will certainly play it from my AK’s CV track, but this being such a uniqueBoutique, I wonder.

Yeah, I’d like to know more about the sequencer in general. I have no idea of how fun it will be to program, and if it offers 303-like slides/accents, or parameter locks.

Parameter locks, yes.
303 style slide/accent remains to be seen.

Sequencer direction forward, backward, ping pong, random is a feature. And those options can be selected in realtime.

I think first and last step of sequence can also be changed in realtime.

1 Like

Parameter locks is huge. If you can P-lock cross-mod depth and the pitches of the oscillators, I’m sold.

3 Likes

I wonder if the synth will convert CV/Gate the input, from let’s say an A4’s sequencer, through to the Midi out?

1 Like

right!?
P-locking 3 OSCs means chord progressions out of a mono synth. Will be impossible to resist if this is the case.

1 Like

Chords… and also all types of modulated FM overtones with the filter and osc. I’d basically use it as a one oscillator monosynth with the other two oscillators just doing crazy modulation while their mixer levels are kept at zero.

3 Likes

New video demo is up. Doesn’t go into any new details, but another look.

We have definitely reached peak analogue mono synth

5 Likes

:sleeping: Yawn :sleeping_accommodation:

Yep another one for small people, those Japanese must have small hands

I’m guessing you’ve never used an MFB synth module. Also, SE designed the layout of the knobs I believe, and they’re from the US.

1 Like

Idk the space between knob and their size seems pretty standard to me when compared to the plethora of eurorack modules out there. I’m not sure how much little Japanese hands to do with anything.

1 Like

The whole boutique series is small, can’t see it as being debatable? Don’t worry, not a criticism. Small can be good, particularly if you have small hands :happy:

Yeah, it’s small. I prefer the smaller size myself. If I were to pair this with something like the DT, I’d just want everything to stay as compact (while useable) as possible.

It will fit on top od my blofeld like a sexy leather taylored glove :innocent:

Yes it’s true, the Don had direct design input, along with SE

7 Likes

Not the best presentation I’ve seen, the guy seems awfully jumpy (as if pressed for time?)

Please don’t take on posts you find problematic by typing something personal that will only escalate matters, use the flags. Generalised comments about any group generally says more about the commenter than the slighted I find

Let’s keep the :heat: down

2 Likes