Roland SE-02

All good mate, it’s all on the net.
Not interested in a sub 37 anyway, but more just curious now.

1 Like

Easy there, not the moog, I won’t be able to authorize that sale for you… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Saw Dustin Good demo this in Toronto yesterday afternoon.
The disconnected between the size/format and the sound of the thing is insane.
It sounds positively massive, great filer and the oscillators are awesome sounding too.
The cross mod section has some tricks up it sleeve. IE: Filter FM, Crossmod of OSX 2-3, Sync of OSC 1 & 2 + PWM of OSC 1&2 via OSC 3. I was quite surprised by the range of sounds he could coax out of it too.
Knob size wasn’t a big issues for me but I didn’t have my glasses and that made for much squinting at the routing for several of the switches and viewing the LFO shapes.
The oscillators sound very “moog like” but the filter is far more clinical in a Japanese sense. It may be a ladder filter but the resonance has that unmistakable quality that the all good Roland analogs have IMHO.
It deserves to sell like hot cakes as they’ve packed a lot under the hood for the money.
We were all quite impressed.

9 Likes

I know you’d show up. I’m just messing with ya😎Moog’s going nowhere.

2 Likes

New video up…

1 Like

And another one today! Maybe one of the NDA’s expired or lifted? Hope all these mean we’re going to see shipping notices soon!

Sounds great. All of Mike Pensini’s videos are worth watching!

Yeah it’s hilarious.
Every analog and digital hardware synth known to man and he produces at least 95% ITB with Serum and other plugs
Crazy and telling at the same time. No denying that plugins are ridiculously good now

2 Likes

Only one parameter per lock.
Sounds good though.

3 Likes

I want mine now :pray:

1 Like

I like that it is so easy to change the parameter for each step: just hold step and twist knob. Make for fun quick changes.

1 parameter to lock per step is still a huge step forward over JP/JU/JX Boutiques.
My AK will be spitting it Filter CVs, but I like that I’ll be able to use the onboard sequencer for decay and Xmod p-locks.

Has it been confirmed yet if the locks can be trig-less (I.e without a note trigger on that step?")?
I sure hope so. That would make it so powerful with AK. Running its own internal mod sequencer at a different pattern length to AK’s CV notes and filter.
Add in trig conditions and shut the front door.

2 Likes

Thats kind of what I was thinking.
Plus it sounds too good not to get one.

A synth like this is a million times more interesting to me than a TB303. If I was tripping balls, an acid line with a 3-osc patch doing all types of crazy cross-mod stuff like this monster can would send me to another dimension.

2 Likes
1 Like

It’s as if they were reading my mind when I sold my slimphatty.
I got the perfect spot too, just waiting.

2 Likes

Every demo of this just makes me glad I’ve been holding out for the tiny magic mono synth with all parameters on deck.
Sexy black too!

I got one of these…

… just chilling all alone in this case in my living room sadly anticipating the SE-02’s arrival.

4 Likes

Torn between the keyboard or just the angled stand, but leaning towards the stand. I can’t see myself using the SE-02 much if at all w/o midi over USB and if that’s the case, then I’ll already have another controller hooked up. The keyboard is pretty cool though!

I like the idea of not having to mess with an extra midi cable & power adapter. I’m going to mostly use its sequencer, and just need a quick way to input notes intuitively.