Roland Boutique D-05 Linear Synthesizer

And I thought I’d beaten GAS. Will it ever end? This is, the x0x replicas aside the, first boutique that gets my juices flowing.

1 Like

[quote=“tsutek, post:44, topic:44367, full:true”]the og unit did not use multisamples, so plenty of sweet spots to be found playing back the PCMs at really low pitches :loopy:

That is, assuming DCB nails the funk of the og output stage…
[/quote]

yeah I hope there’s no gross interpolation on the samples. The SY22’s bell and string sounds get nice and gritty in the lower octaves.

Just started my free month of Roland Cloud and playing through the D-50 preset banks was a lot of fun, like pop music archeology.

This boutique doesn’t suffer that much from the small size, and having an on board step sequencer is a good thing.

1 Like

Few more sound demos on Legowelt’s site.

http://legowelt.org

90% of Jean Michel Jarre’s Revolutions album (which i loved) was played on a D-50. I only discovered this last week when I found a YT video of a guy playing identically-sounding excerpts of the whole album on his D-50. That was a lot of fun to hear but the synth doesnt interest me sonically…so I’m out :wink:

One of the D-05 demos on Legowelt’s site uses keyboard split so it seems possible.

2 Likes

Seems like a really good way to give a digitakt polyphony and have a joystick for midi control of saaay the delay!

I cant wait for this! might be my first boutique. I have had interest in the jupe & se-02, but this one is really interesting to me, I dont have something like it

1 Like

Anyone got one yet? They’re showing as in stock on some sites.

This whetted my appetite, again.

1 Like

I can’t wait for mine. This is the one I’m most excited about for some odd reason. I really want to experiment with the reverb, chorus, filters, and PWM on this. I’m not even afraid of the menu-diving. I think it’ll be a fun challenge.

1 Like

Are you all aware you can grab an actual D-50 for less than a D-05 right now? :slight_smile:

Too huge. Same reason I don’t own an E-MU Emax despite how awesome they sound.

2 Likes

Yeah, I totally get that. I keep my big synths at the office, but I am fully aware not everyone has that luxury. :slight_smile:

Yeah, size issues, totally, though the D-05 has some extra features and all the ROM card sounds included. Also, it’s the PG-1000 that I really want…

the real D50 has a very nice keyboard.

Yeah. It’s a real shame there aren’t any sliders on the D-05.

here you go:
http://ctrlr.org/roland-d50-editor/

2 Likes

I’m into this one too, although M1R EX and wavestation A/D rack have me GASing more. A D-550 might sound better though, but as always, the footprint diff of old and new are considerable.

At first I thought the inclusion of all cards would be a big deal, but later read from somewhere that the cards do not contain more PCM data, only patches…

Recently traded my m1rex away. Totally regret it. Hoping to grab a d-05 to fill the void though.

1 Like