Roland Boutique D-05 Linear Synthesizer

https://www.roland.com/global/products/d-05/

Woohoo, D50s will be cheaper on eBay now! :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m not ashamed to say this is an instabuy for me.

10 Likes

“The Future. Redefined” :upside_down:

2 Likes

I am sick of these digital recreations - give me a real analog digital synthesiser.

/runs and hides bwahahaha

2 Likes

Not interested by the synth but at least Legowelt is doing the demo. I hope they’v fired the blond guy who use too much feedback and play like crap in the S02 demo.

If this is priced aggresively, I might have to buy. I love PCM romplers. And this has all the cards inside, which is huge! Those cards are too rare and expensive, good on Roland to give us all of em.

1 Like

This is kinda brilliant. Next up, I want an Alpha Juno 1 Boutique with the exact same Alpha Dial, 2x16 LCD, and membrane switches control interface! :wink:

3 Likes

This is 100% replacing the volca fm in my live rig. Cheesy 80s/90s digital + PCM + Midi pgm change = :smiley:

2 Likes

listening to the demo vid , is fantasia out of tune…? sounded bad to my ears.

1 Like

A D-50, with a built in arpeggiator and step-sequencer, plus all the original expansion cards too… I never did manage to get one back in the day so this one is a definite for me…

As I’ve already got the TR-8/TB-3 and System-1, a nice 80’s poly synth to fill the last slot in my MX-1 would make that side of the rig a nice little stand-alone jam station eh?

Now, where’s my boutique JX-10…

Agreed, that was nasty sounding. Weird that the other patches seemed to sound fine.

I have a difficult time getting behind this form factor. I want midi in, out and thru, as well as proper 1/4" audio jacks. And why oh why do these things have to be so tiny? Professional gear has full size keyboards and/or rackmountability and road worthiness.

1 Like

A vaporware artists dream

3 Likes

What is the polyphony on the d-05? Hope it isn’t crippled like the others…

EDIT - Duh, shoulda googled huh. 16 voices.

2 Likes

I do not want this.

I am cured.

9 Likes

I really hope Roland will soon build a new, inovative, serious synthesizer. I love my JD-Xi. But constantly these remakes bored me. The LA synthese Is quite intresting, but everything I heard has sounded to me like Trash, or simply not my taste …

I had never even heard of the D-50 tbh

3 Likes

Haha, likewise😊kids tell me it’s a big deal, tho😊

2 Likes

I want one.

2 Likes

Wow, really?
The old Roland pcm workstations is what I started on, Xp 50 in my case.

3 Likes