Reverb on FX1 slot hack

That is too like a delay… a heavily abused and tweaked delay! Your method sounds pretty versatile in your example. I just stumbled on that idea during a couch session last night so you’ve already explored it further than I have :joy:

1 Like

How?!

Pressing trigs, turning knobs, moving crossfader…:content:

Basically a Amen Break 1 bar loop, sliced in 8, linear locks on 2 bars, Flex. Fx1 = filter, Fx2 = Comb filter. Neighbor track with lofi and reverb.

Plocks on RTIM, tuning them with semitones increments.
Lfos on BAL, Comb pitch (designer) and random lfos on feedback, reverb time, reverb Hp.
Plocks on scene B, RTRIG, filter frequencies / q, comb mix, lofi SRR BRR, reverb mix…

Moving crossfader, LEN, RATE…

6 Likes

Are you doing this by ear?

I choose notes and I listen if like the notes.
RTIM values 8 4 2 1 1/2 etc can be considered as root note, depending on tempo. At 137 bpm it’s a D. For a D# I choose 1/16 +1 for example.

I added comb filters with selected notes (lfo designer).

3 Likes

Dude I always think about this… but how… How to mesure values ? And will value sound the same with different retrigged notes ?
This is an amazing way to transform maybe an entire beat to a synth and to make transitions…
How you find good CC values with your midi processor ? what are the values ?
edit : I just read your last post, but those are high values … 8 : near to no retrig… What seem more interesting are low values…
IS it only working with FX1 reverb idea ?
Thank you :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside:

You mean RTIM tuning ? Depends on tempo.
At 103.125 bpm you have an A440 tuning.
In the example below, at 61 bpm, it’s close to a C.
1 increment = 1 semitone.

I didn’t used it for that yet. But it’s simple, I’d just map notes to CC21, as it is chromatic, no problem.
Ah just thinking it may be inverted. Not a big deal.

I didn’t write them all, just showing what root note is, after it’s 1/2 it’s 1/4, 1/8 etc…and once again, tuning depends on tempo, higher values can be also used as delay.

Why? I didn’t use it in the previous example but I had to make one to stay in topic ! :tongue:

Other Chain Gang version with additional tuned retrigs (lfo designer), FX1 = reverb, FX2 = delay.
Only 1 track / 1 sample.

6 Likes

You should consider doing a downloadable pack with a collection of your finest tweaks, would make for a great tutorial for a lot ppl to reverse engineer. Amazing work :):grinning:

I would happily pay for one!

3 Likes

I like your term invisible reverb - as in “I put the dark reverb on snare but went with invisible reverb + delay on my lead”

1 Like

Reverb on FX1 video. Thanks again @Kacper!

9 Likes

Bumping this for the uninitiated. I literally just found out.

5 Likes